Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to swap out the front end of my CX with the GL's, almost got done and the ignition switch wouldn't fit, then one of the air inlets broke, so I decided to fix my CX forks, and put it back together, well, I did that, but now my turn signals are not flashing when I flip the switch, the rear turn signal turns on solid, doesn't flash, and same with the dummy light saying that turn signal is on, but there is no flashing..... There are 2 different solid green wires with female connectors, 1 has a male end green wire plugged into it, which didn't affect anything I noticed, and there's also a brown wire, well, 2 brown wires run into 1 female connector, and has nothing plugged into that either, and no other brown wire....

·
Registered
226 Posts
I believe the brown brown/white wires are for the headlight from the starter button. The starter connects those and it turns off the headlight to increase power to the starter motor. The green is ground and all those go together. The front lights should have three wires: 1 ground, 1 blink, and 1 Constant. The back lights just have blink or off.

Check your flasher relay.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It started working on it's own... I found the wiring diagram, and it appears that the brown wires, and the green both have nothing in them, there's a set of green that are used, and a set that aren't, coming out of the same bunch, but they have different colors of metal on the ends, and the wire's that go into it are the same color ends if that makes any sense...

Problem solved itself, I think, I did take the light back off and double checked the wires, might have pushed a connection on tighter or something, not sure, but they work, so I don't care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.