Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little confused. I got all the other indicators working, except a small problem w the turn signals.

i got something like this :

and as you can see, it has 1 indicator light for both signals. How do I wire that though? the indicator light only has 1 hot and 1 ground. If I run the hot to BOTH left and right, i cross streams and both blinkers share the hot.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
You can get away with using two diodes to tie the two turn signal lines together. Take each turn signal wire to a diode, join the other ends of the diodea together and use that point to feed the single light in your guage. 1N4004 or similar should work well, and the .6V drop the diode takes wont effect anything.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you wire the hot side to the Flasher Relay ?

I think I could actually. Would be a far run, but if there's no other option, that seems to be the way to go...

You can get away with using two diodes to tie the two turn signal lines together. Take each turn signal wire to a diode, join the other ends of the diodea together and use that point to feed the single light in your guage. 1N4004 or similar should work well, and the .6V drop the diode takes wont effect anything.

A diode only permits current in a specific direction, you're right. So having them wired right, only lets juice go TO the gauge, and not back to the other blinker. I will give this a shot. 1N4004 is a diode type they carry in Radio Shack?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.