Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
You guys are slacking... still not a first thread. Thought I'd take advantage of the situation and start the first one.
Well, Australia is still awake - Don in Oz has re-logged in. It looks like all original users have to register again - not a bad idea - will weed-out some of the dead-wood and overheads for Charles.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes, I've been here but have had no reason to start a thread in here yet.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well, Australia is still awake - Don in Oz has re-logged in. It looks like all original users have to register again - not a bad idea - will weed-out some of the dead-wood and overheads for Charles.

Don, tell me, was my email your head up on the new board? Its fun being a newbie again, you can screw up all over the place & no one will blame you! BTW I brought the air bags on the truck up to about 90 psi yesterday and they are holding well. Eventually, they do leak down some but not enough to cause problems. Did I send you the following picture?

This is the way I planned to go to VMD.

This is the way I wound up going!

Good to see you back on the board.

Gene

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have two, and still nothing to talk about...

however...

There was a guy looking for foot rests for a Turbo on the CC's board - he wanted them for another

project entirely........ connect again here,

I looked, and think I found what I had, but they aren't in very good shape.

Don A.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Back online to

Never heard about the following countries : Wisconsin, TN, Pennsylvania, Indiana, OH

I thought only Texas, USA were hoping to gain independance

Pim

·
Registered
147 Posts
Back online to

Never heard about the following countries : Wisconsin, TN, Pennsylvania, Indiana, OH

I thought only Texas, USA were hoping to gain independance

Pim
Gene, Your email was my "heads-up" to find this BB.

The first of your photos brings back many good memories - over two years ago - except for the colour of the ice-box, the extra bike standing in the RH background, and the much cleaner pickup.

Sorry Pim, I now see there are "reply" facilities on each message, to which replies should be directed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Gene, Your email was my "heads-up" to find this BB.

The first of your photos brings back many good memories - over two years ago - except for the colour of the ice-box, the extra bike standing in the RH background, and the much cleaner pickup.

Sorry Pim, I now see there are "reply" facilities on each message, to which replies should be directed.

Don,, I did the same thing, quoted someone when I didn't mean to! I have had one of your nights, woke up around 4 and could not get back to sleep. Just got up and got on the board to clutter it up some more. Mabel just got up and soon breakfast will be on the way!

I thought that pose in the driveway would trigger a memory or two. Clean pick up? You should have seen it during VMD, mud from end to end! Keith was smart, after arriving he parked his ST & didn't move it until he left on Sunday!

Gene

PS: In the background you can see the muddy road by our camp site. Unfortunately, you can't see the truck good due to the hoodlums cluttering up the picture.

Well, I was going to add another picture of the mud & hoodlums but PhotoBucket has gone into a site maintenance mode!

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you scroll to the very bottom to fast reply, instead of clicking on reply up above, it will make a new post without quoting

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have two, and still nothing to talk about...

however...

There was a guy looking for foot rests for a Turbo on the CC's board - he wanted them for another

project entirely........ connect again here,

I looked, and think I found what I had, but they aren't in very good shape.

Don A.

that was me. but after getting the cold shoulder on the last forum and not hearing back from the pm's i sent you i thought you had decided to not sell them to me. i've since got a few parts off ebay. if they work, i might be looking for the shifter and brake pedals. but i won't go that far until i figure out if these will work for me. if not, i'll see if one of you turbo guys want to get them from me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don,, I did the same thing, quoted someone when I didn't mean to! I have had one of your nights, woke up around 4 and could not get back to sleep. Just got up and got on the board to clutter it up some more. Mabel just got up and soon breakfast will be on the way!

I thought that pose in the driveway would trigger a memory or two. Clean pick up? You should have seen it during VMD, mud from end to end! Keith was smart, after arriving he parked his ST & didn't move it until he left on Sunday!

Gene

PS: In the background you can see the muddy road by our camp site. Unfortunately, you can't see the truck good due to the hoodlums cluttering up the picture.

Well, I was going to add another picture of the mud & hoodlums but PhotoBucket has gone into a site maintenance mode!

Hi Gene.......Hoodlums Huh??.......well I resemble that remark (if only slightly)

I didn't know they even washed trucks in Tennessee

·
Registered
450 Posts
No, I took the family Honda Fit, my first new car since I bought a Dodge Colt in 1990. about 10 years ago I brought a basket case CL350 and a box of parts up to Maine and cobbled together a really beat up bike to sits in an old barn in the off-season- but it starts right up year after year. Amazing. I put knobby tires on it and flog it every year on ATV trails, or go into town to get provisions. My son has a Yamaha DR-Z100 (KLX110) and its hard to keep pace, with the antiquated suspension of the CL350.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts