Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

finally got to do some work on the Turbo this morning - took the tank off, and just undoing the two fuel lines from the tap it started leaking fuel everywhere.

After draining the whole 1/2 litre that was in it - and stinky to boot, the following things discovered..

Fuel tap was loose on the body of the tank (problem 1), the tap itself looks like it has been tampered with (problem 2), on further investigation the tap has come apart, and therein lies problem 3... I need to get some new parts, but don't seem to be able to find them...any hints on where to go

I'll put up some photos of what it is like

looks like I may need - fuel tap "O" ring - existing one is torn, ragged in a few spots, an internal washer for the flow with 4 holes in it, and somehow to put it all back together - looks like it was originally "Staked" over the outlet cover with two metal pins from the body of the petcock.

thanks for the replies in advance.

charlie

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Doesn't look so special. Wonder if it screws to the 18mm male end like the vacuum petcocks. There are manual ones that can be used to replace them.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is an outlet/inlet style

the turbo has a fuel pump for the fuel injection, and it has a return fuel line for unused fuel via the petcock.

so it has two outlets or one outlet one inlet...if that makes sense...

haven't measured the tap - will do tomorrow...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts