Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...i feel like i'll be on here alot trying to get this bike running. I've got a fresh carbs thanks to fogelsvillejoe and have de-rusted the gas tank using Evapo-rust. Everythings on, but there is no fuel getting through the petcock. I think it needs a more thorough cleaning. Any suggestion or images on how to get the thing apart and running. It looks much better since being in the tank for the Evapo-Rust overnight, but it's still not working.

Side note, we tried to rig up a "gas tank" using a water bottle, and i feel like all we did was get the carb flooded. Any suggestions on how to bypass the petcock for now (I'm assuming replacement will be the solution...not cleaning like I'm hoping) so we can get this new baby roaring?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Jonathan Garcia
1981 CX500 Deluxe

·
Registered
807 Posts
Bad diaphragm? I just ordered a non vacuum petcock for a cb900, going to use it instead. If you don't get yours straightened out soon I may have one for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. Issue resolved. It was so gunked together that I had to gently separate it. Y'all should've seen what all came out of it...there's yer problem. Lol. Anyways...got fuel moving. Now onto figuring out this choke cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts