Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it was cheaper to get the athena complete engine gasket set or just the seals/gaskets/o-rings that were needed to do the triple bypass? Does the gasket set include every seal/gasket/o-ring needed for the triple bypass? Ive got my aftermarket stator already and then discovered that it was a good idea to change the cam chain and tensioner. Im just not sure whether to buy whats needed or just get the complete gasket set.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I was wondering if it was cheaper to get the athena complete engine gasket set or just the seals/gaskets/o-rings that were needed to do the triple bypass? Does the gasket set include every seal/gasket/o-ring needed for the triple bypass? Ive got my aftermarket stator already and then discovered that it was a good idea to change the cam chain and tensioner. Im just not sure whether to buy whats needed or just get the complete gasket set.
you will not be able to buy a kit that has everything you require.

here is a triple bypass part list,includind honda part numbers

http://choppercharles.com/cs/forums/149387/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
A gasket kit might be helpful if you know you are changing everything but like Bandit said, you'll still need to find other related parts a pieces. I haven't seen a kit that has all the O-rings, for example. You may want to buy just some of the gaskets and maybe make your own for others. For instance, the rear cover gasket is generally best to get the Honda OEM one, but the clutch and front cover gaskets can be most anything.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
A gasket kit might be helpful if you know you are changing everything but like Bandit said, you'll still need to find other related parts a pieces. I haven't seen a kit that has all the O-rings, for example.
agreed Kingstone..when i bought my bike,the first thing i bought was an e bay gasket kit....just in case

1 - 4 of 4 Posts