Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest acquisition, which will be a project for next fall/winter. The trike is complete except for the front brake master cylinder. This is a true "it ran when it was parked" machine. I know the previous owner and it indeed was a runner when parked 5 - 6 years ago. It's going to take some work:

• Complete fuel system cleaning including carb rebuild
  • Brake overhaul
  • New tires all around
  • Thorough cleanup of the electrical system
  • Probably fork seals and front wheel bearings
  • Perform the "triple bypass" inspection and address any issues found
  • Cosmetics as needed

Attachments

·
Registered
24,063 Posts
that is one of the last ones mci made

its a 82 ti bike later style ignition and larger stator

it has the electric omc reverse and may have a driveshaft alternator as well

it should have a cj3 axle and bendix rear brakes

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the info. I was aware of the Jeep axle but not the other info. Several years ago I resurrected a '75 GL1000 as a sidecar outfit but this is my first foray into the 2-cylinder machines. Is this a 500cc or 650cc?

·
Registered
699 Posts
About 12 years ago I had a delivery that took me through St louis. I stopped at the old train station for lunch and walked around the area a bit. When I went out there was a cx500 trike parked over against the park. I walked around for awhile hoping to get a picture of the officer with the bike. After @ 20 min I went back to the truck and found a parking ticket on the truck. Did you get the trike out of the st louis police dept? Wonder how many they had.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
About 12 years ago I had a delivery that took me through St louis. I stopped at the old train station for lunch and walked around the area a bit. When I went out there was a cx500 trike parked over against the park. I walked around for awhile hoping to get a picture of the officer with the bike. After @ 20 min I went back to the truck and found a parking ticket on the truck. Did you get the trike out of the st louis police dept? Wonder how many they had.
I acquired the trike from a friend in Sullivan, MO which is about 65 miles from St. Louis. Neither he nor I have any information about the trike's previous lives. I might be able to track it down through the Dept of Revenue (aka DMV). Consider the parking ticket your contribution to keeping St. Louis green (as in cash) :-O

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have restored several of these and redto modded a few more. So if you need some info on the rear brakes or the reverse gear let me know
I definitely will when I finally dig into it. I have to finish off a '56 Francis Barnett first.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Finally got the beast home today and will try to post more photos over the weekend. The fairing is definitely a Pacifico.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mold and mildew cleaned up nicely with just soap and water.

IMG_3261.JPG IMG_3260.JPG IMG_3263.JPG

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts