Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a nice 200+ mile ride yesterday and man it made me realize how much I like these bikes! Got it up to 90mph with no vibration and running strong, wind was mighty deafening though. l was well until the sat 50 miles, one of the screws holding the inside plate (where it shows the written RPMs) came off and so that inside was bouncing all over the place and actually got turned sideways. Doesn't mes with performance but it's annoying. I fiddled a bit with it but didn't see an easy way to get the glass off...anyone done this?

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Really, the only way to get to the inside is to seperate the housing by cutting the ring that holds them together. If you look closely you will see that the two halves (black top part and silver bottom part) are joined by a "U" channel ring that runs around the guage. I have opened mine to replace the guts with digital and others to make repairs. I found the best way was to use a dremmil and cut through the ring, and then carefully remove it to seperate both halves . To put it back together, just put the ring on and a dab of glue (something string like crazy glue) and a few wraps of tape until its dry. Some use screws ir solder it back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.