1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Wow, that is sad. I'd seen him posting recently and had no idea there was an issue (if there was). So sudden, but seemed a peaceful passing. He will surely be missed here and abroad. All my best to his family.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
819 Posts
Trev was a big man with a big heart. He lent me the tools to do my first ever triple bypass and even delivered them to my door! Always the voice of reason and full of help on many CX forums, he will be very sadly missed by many.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Sorry to hear that, hope it was peaceful. His generous advice will be missed. RIP.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I was GUTTED to say the least when i got the phone call this morning, saying that Trev_H had passed away.
We had been friends for many years and he was in indeed the big friendly giant, always willing to help and give advice CX/GL related.
He had a great sense of humor to the very end.

As Trev_H had stated he "Always wanted to ride North America" we had secretly planned for him to attend our "8th Annually Canadian Honda CX/GL Rally EH" and also the Amish Rally this year.

Unfortunately he was taken seriously ill about a month ago and between his wife Rose, Trev and myself, it was with great saddness we decided to scrap the plans.

RIDE FREE TREV..............You are missed so very much..............

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this. Every year we met at the SJK event in the Netherlands, where all of us were always happy to see him again. We had several chats over the years, which I enjoyed a lot. He was a good guy and I am going to miss him, we all will. Rest in peace Trevor.

·
Registered
969 Posts
He was a good man and will be missed. Rest in peace, Trev. Our condolences to his family.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It's always a sad day when one of our members passes. My condolences and sympathy for his family.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I for one will have a moment of silence for Trev_H

TUESDAY 05th JULY 2016 at 14.00 hrs
(As our home address has lots of access issues we have decided to meet at the burial grounds) - the address is:

PENKRIDGE PARISH BURIAL GROUNDS
Pinfold Lane
Penkridge
Staffordshire
ST19 5QP (AMENDED)
(The post code is for the Murcure South Stafford Hotel which shares the entrance turning as I cannot find a post code for the actual grounds.)
Trev requested a simple, non-religious graveside service, family flowers and any kind donations will be given to MacMillan Nurses and West Midlands Hedgehog Rescue in his name.
(As no one will be following Trevs last, short journey to his final resting place please feel free to attend on motorcycles if you wish.)
Later, you are invited to join us at The Bridgehouse Hotel, Stone Cross, Penkridge, ST19 5AS. Though I would be obliged if I could have some idea of numbers to be catered for.....if you'd be kind enough to comment below I would appreciate it.
Again, I must thank you sincerely for the moving tributes, cards and massive support given to both Vicky and I and our families at this saddest of times.
Rose xx

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
One more week
"TUESDAY 05th JULY 2016 at 14.00 hrs"

RIP Trev

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Our mate Trevs funeral was yesterday and well attended by many.
Like Trev and according to his wishes, it was a simple, no nonsense and friendly affair.
Friends came from as far as Ireland and Holland to remember him.

It was a bittersweet family reunion in a way, as many of us who attended hadn't met up for years
and a testament to his open, friendly and generous nature that so many travelled
so far for such a brief sad occaision.

Rose had a picture board in the reception room after with pictures of Trev at
various times and events in his life.
Most were of family of course, but bikes were included and one showing Trev and Keith ( Nippongreen)
seemed particularly poignant as Trev had been planning to go to Canada in July and I know
they both had been really looking forward to this and Keith will be one who will be
particularly upset and saddened on that side of the pond.

It's still hard to believe someone has gone when they live on so strongly in your memory
I was tinkering with a minor irritating snag on the bike last week and found
myself thinking "I'll ask Trev about this" before catching myself and having a little cry

RIP Trev

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd seen Keith post it earlier on FB and I knew Trev was a good friend of his and many others here. I hadn't met him but was looking forward to seeing him at the Ottawa rally. We'd been on a couple or three of the same forums and he seemed a truly decent guy. And his funeral sounded like a very fitting and loving tribute to the man.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts