Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Thanks 4 posting.....some of the "usual suspects" (Guzzis)...some new to me...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
On second watching also would love to know why the engineers decided on 66degrees to 90degrees... we know the Cx story.😉

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,014 Posts
On second watching also would love to know why the engineers decided on 66degrees to 90degrees... we know the Cx story.😉
You might say it was to keep the heads out of the way. But the marashuo lilac employed a 80 deg head also.v Having the same engineer might have been the connection?

·
Super Moderator
5,340 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that it is a V-twin, not a V4. See here for a little history. AUTOSOVIET - All about the Eastern cars and motorcycles
OK Mike. I have yet to actually watch it.

I skimmed it without sound before posting it to here and added it to a playlist for that evening.

I was in the shed removing some stubborn screws from some switchgear when it played.

I'll check your link tomorrow. I'm just doing a few jobs before heading to bed.

·
Super Moderator
5,340 Posts
I think that it is a flathead engine with the valves to the rear of the cylinder, under that part of the head which looks like it might be a second cylinder.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,014 Posts
I think that it is a flathead engine with the valves to the rear of the cylinder, under that part of the head which looks like it might be a second cylinder.
The design on that bike is beautiful. Love the seat attached to the curved frame.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The design on that bike is beautiful. Love the seat attached to the curved frame.
Many a Russian design/style has been innovative....
Digressing.. i collect Russian Watches...their "diving watches" feature seals that increase their effectiveness as diving depths increase...despite a somewhat crude design....and at 1/10 the cost of a seiko divers watch ..
(Vostok Amphibian ).....
In the West we have missed out on some of these better examples/innovative designs..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts