Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is the name of a book I read almost 50 years ago. A squadron of WW-1 era destroyers were headed south along the coast of California. The squadron commander accidentally ordered a flank left turn rather than a left turn into a channel. I think the commanders ship made the channel, all the rest ran aground on the rocks.

It was an interesting read. Point Honda was mentioned recently on this board, the writer also vague'ly referred to some Naval wreck.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Allan- you are a wealth of information! After reading what Phil had to say, it sounded interesting so I searched Point Honda on here and it only came up on this thread.. lol... was going to look it up later, but I guess I don't need to now! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Allan- you are a wealth of information! After reading what Phil had to say, it sounded interesting so I searched Point Honda on here and it only came up on this thread.. lol... was going to look it up later, but I guess I don't need to now! Thank you!

I tried searching for "Point Honda" too but did not find the thread,,then I searched for "Honda Point" and found it.

BTW,,it is on page 2 of that thread.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That one reminded me of the famous Thunderbird's Diamond crash in 1981. The four smears in the photo are the impacts of the four airplanes as they followed the lead into the ground. Same thing can happen to motorcycles too.... (except for the flying/floating parts)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same thing happened to the Blue Angels when they were at their training base in El Centro while I was in high school there in '66 or '67. Really tragic. My brother has a photo they autographed for him before they crashed. Dad was a deputy commander at the base at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts