Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Saturday was highlighted by a trip to the Canadian Tire on the Queensway just east of 427.

What started out a few car and bike freaks now takes up most of the parking lot every Saturday night.

I can't begin to describe the quality and variety, wow.

Oh ya my CX turned heads as I rode by on the center lane and doubled back for a slow parade pass before parking. Didn't draw a crowd.

It was late when I got there(8:35) and I only got a couple of pics but I'll try to post them.

I will go back earlier next weekend as they will have a sponsors carnival with booths and giveaways

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I haven't been back since then, but Johnny Canuck sent me a PM interested in going.

I've sent this message to a few local members I know of ,but if you are interested PM me for details.

Thinking about going to the show and shine at the Canadian Tire on the Queensway next Saturday. Will be a few CX500 and CX650's for sure.

A few may meet at my place first and make an entrance.

Stan

G

·
I'm going camping at Silent Lake this coming week-end but would be interested on a different week-end,I'm about an hour east

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what I sent to some local members.

I'm thinkin 3PM my place 4PM Canadian Tire parking lot.

Some will travel a distance and it gets dark by 7PM.

Don't forget a camera.

Stan

If I missed you and you need directions, PM me or email me for details.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Whats the nearest major intersection for the Canadian Tire, I am going to see if I can make it (if customers will leave me alone on at least one week end lol)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats the nearest major intersection for the Canadian Tire, I am going to see if I can make it (if customers will leave me alone on at least one week end lol)

Canadian Tire is on the north side of The Queensway just east of the 427. Sherway Gardens is just west of the 427.

I'm at 57 Rivercrest Road.M6S 4H5 . Nearest major intersection is Jane and Bloor.

Hoping for good weather.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saturday: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. High 21.

Still hope.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Well, sure hope it holds, as their forcasts are about as accurate as the "look out the window" method. I will check out the satalite view on Sat and that will usually give you a good idea of whats going to happen. sure hope it stays clear at least in the area (and locations everyone is coming from).

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good as of the 11:30 weather forecast. Most of the percip seems well east.

I'll try to reserve parking in front of the house for 3:00 PM.

See you here if you can make it, or at Can Tire just after 4:00 PM.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Well I am watching the weather network every hour LMAO and if it isnt raining when Im ready to leave Im going for it
Going to plan to get to your place for 3:00, and maybe meet Johnny on the way somewhere
Fingers crossed.

G

·
Canceled my camping for the week end...
I'm going to see how the weather here in Newcastle is at 1;30-2,if it is decent I will try to be at Stan's at around 3-3;15.......if it takes me longer,then straight to the Canadian Tire parking .

·
Registered
837 Posts
FADM...I touched base with BoltonGuy this morning...and we've got a plan for the 3 of us to meet up prior to getting to Stans.

So...if you can head across the 401 to the 400 and take the exit putting you on to Black Creek Drive south. Get off at Jane Street - first exit - and proceed south for a very short distance. You'll see a gas station on your right at the next set of lights. I think it's an Esso. BoltonGuy and I will meet you there at 3PM.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
That works for me
weather looks like its going to cooperate, so I will see you both at that gas station on Jane just south of Black Creek.

G

·
FADM...I touched base with BoltonGuy this morning...and we've got a plan for the 3 of us to meet up prior to getting to Stans.

So...if you can head across the 401 to the 400 and take the exit putting you on to Black Creek Drive south. Get off at Jane Street - first exit - and proceed south for a very short distance. You'll see a gas station on your right at the next set of lights. I think it's an Esso. BoltonGuy and I will meet you there at 3PM.

John if it not a problem I will meet up with you boys there also,I was planning on the same basic route from my place(Newcastle ,east of Oshawa)

Sounds like no rain but cloudy....

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Sounds great, I will probabaly be at the gas station a bit early, as I am anal about being late, and like to leave extra time for "stuff" that happens during a ride. I should be there about 2:30 and then I can hit the closest Timmies LOL. Its a straight run for me as Im basically at the 401 and Port Union

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.