Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to assemble a mostly complete toolkit for traveling, while still keeping the weight low, does anybody have a list of the recommended sockets/allen keys/spares and odds and sods I ought to drag along?

I'd rather build it out of kits here than fork out for new stuff on the road.

CX500C 1979.

Also, anybody got the drop box address, I downloaded all the stuff ages ago but my damn computer went kaput.

Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm trying to assemble a mostly complete toolkit for traveling, while still keeping the weight low, does anybody have a list of the recommended sockets/allen keys/spares and odds and sods I ought to drag along?

CX500C 1979.

Also, anybody got the drop box address, I downloaded all the stuff ages ago but my damn computer went kaput.

Thanks

Put your location and bike in your signature so it will be easier for us all to help you out. Also the link for the manual is in the quick reference thread.

·
Registered
128 Posts

CX500C 1979.

Thanks

I am presuming you mean the "drop I.O" site.

Here is the address:

http://drop.io/CX500_GL500?page=1

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Greg

·
Registered
993 Posts
T wrench, 1/4" drive is generally strong enough for many jobs. 3/8 works for heavier jobs.

Fly makes some that are inexpensive. Then a selection of sockets for your bike.

19mm for axle

12mm & 14mm & 17mm are commonly used.

If you need heavier work it generally needs more than you can do on the road...

Impact driver and 3# sledge for heavier work.

Impact generally has #2 and #3 phillips. The #3 works for JIS or ISO screws & most impact drivers have a pop off head that gives you a 1/2" socket driver

Change Stator if you haven't replaced one recently and you have 30K on your bike. You have a known good Stator and you have a backup, provided you didn't need a core.

David

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T wrench, 1/4" drive is generally strong enough for many jobs. 3/8 works for heavier jobs.

Fly makes some that are inexpensive. Then a selection of sockets for your bike.

19mm for axle

12mm & 14mm & 17mm are commonly used.

If you need heavier work it generally needs more than you can do on the road...

Impact driver and 3# sledge for heavier work.

Impact generally has #2 and #3 phillips. The #3 works for JIS or ISO screws & most impact drivers have a pop off head that gives you a 1/2" socket driver

Change Stator if you haven't replaced one recently and you have 30K on your bike. You have a known good Stator and you have a backup, provided you didn't need a core.

David

Ok, sorry, forgot it wasn't in my sig yet.

CX500 custom, 1979. I will be going for a fairly long ride(40k km at least) so I'll probably need a fairly extensive toolkit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts