Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
My newest GL500 came with a complete factory tool kit and tire gauge. The spark plug wrench and spanner wrench are handy but the other tools are poor quality. I wouldn't dare use the Phillips screwdriver for instance for fear of bunging up a screw. So I've built my own tool kit similar to the factory kit but with better quality tools. Yes I still have the factory stuff so if I sell the bike, the next owner will get a complete tool kit.

I can't help but to agree, it would just be a contest to see who could fit the most in the alloted space.

I can't say that I've ever seen a factory tool kit that looked like it was meant to be used to any extent. On my dirt bikes I often used the plug wrench but the wrenches requred to adjust the chain were replaced with Craftsman in shor order. Added a chain link tool and link repair kit as well, that saved me more than once.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.