Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post me a good list of tools for a roll to carry on a cross country ride ? I am going to change my throttle pull, clutch, and speedo cables and carry the old ones for spares. I am also carying a liter of gas in a MSR fuel bottle.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
That was a recent topic actually, the thread is here

It would be a good idea to put your bike year and model in your signature line so if you ask a question we can easily see what you ride...

Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is how I carry my spare cables,

I have an A pull cable in there as well

Here's a check-list you should run through as well,

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72
Why not leave the cables zip tied next to the ones currently in use? That way switching out can be accomplished without a great deal of hassle.

As for toolkit contents my solution was to start with an empty bag and add tools as they were required for normal maintenance tasks.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Why not leave the cables zip tied next to the ones currently in use? That way switching out can be accomplished without a great deal of hassle.

As for toolkit contents my solution was to start with an empty bag and add tools as they were required for normal maintenance tasks.

That would not be allowed under my Road worthiness certificate and considered dangerous as they could impede.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.