Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All- Want to start piecing a tool kit together for my '82 GL.

What are the contents of the stock kit?

What other tools do you carry?

Thanks,

Dv

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is a good question, my CX500 came with a kit that includes both types of screw drivers, wrenches in 10 12 14 and 17 mm, and a tube shaped tool that was clearly designed for pulling the spark plugs. I also keep electrical tape and a hose clamp in there. I'm not sure what's extra and what's missing though.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hi All- Want to start piecing a tool kit together for my '82 GL.

What are the contents of the stock kit?

What other tools do you carry?

Thanks,

Dv
Here is a photo of the complete GL500I tool kit. Please note there is a plastic hard case with a plastic soft case inside and on most tool kits the chain to lock your helmet on is usually missing. Click on the thumbnail to see it larger.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Speaking of tool kits, how long is the strap that holds them in? I lost mine
and would like to replace it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Here is a photo of the complete GL500I tool kit.

Almost. The stock kit has the 2 'spanners', 10 x 12mm and 14 x 17mm, no 8 x 12mm. The factory eye wrenches are 12mm and 19mm, no 22mm. Missing is the 6 mm hex wrench and a padded plastic pouch with a nifty air pressure gauge, calibrated for tires and suspension.

The helmet holder chain is interesting. The owners manual shows a length of chain with rings on the end and enclosed in a tube.

The 7" long chain that came with my 81 looks similar but has different shaped rings. ?? The twisted, flattened chain looks like yours.

Speaking of tool kits, how long is the strap that holds them in?

It is 4" long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.