Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some more cx and gl parts this week and in the pile was two frames. I did a title search on the GL and it looked okay, but the cx will not pull up. Whats the trick with the short vin number...PC01-41xxxxx? Ideas???

Thanks

Deniz

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,265 Posts
I did a title search on the GL and it looked okay...
How are you conducting the title search? Is there an online means, or are you just calling the Motor Vehicles Department?

Thanks,

R

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
When I checked my CBR600 frame I just went to the local State Police office and asked them to run a check. Granted, I was a bit nervous about the results coming back less than favorably.

·
Premium Member
12,265 Posts
When I checked my CBR600 frame I just went to the local State Police office and asked them to run a check. Granted, I was a bit nervous about the results coming back less than favorably.
Yeah, I've had DMV run them, too. I just wondered if there was a way to do it directly.

R

·
Premium Member
12,265 Posts
Hi R... Pm me if you are still interested in that fairing... I forgot about it.
sorry. J
Still interested, but not urgent. PM sent.

R

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Good news the frames are not Hot or Salvage. Now what to do with them? 80 Cx and 81 GL????

The question is do you have titles or the means to get them. Otherwise they are project scrap until someone can make them good again.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I'm working on that now...First step was to make sure they weren't hot!

Understand that. Been there done that. None hot yet. Thank god.

·
Premium Member
12,265 Posts
Deniz,

PM sent.

R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.