Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1982 GL500
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires is everyone currently running? It's time to get some new ones, so I thought I'd get some opinions. I know this topic has been done to death and can get contentious, so if anyone could point me to your favorite thread on the topic in lieu of rehashing the same old thing, I'd appreciate that too

·
Registered
371 Posts
What tires is everyone currently running? It's time to get some new ones, so I thought I'd get some opinions. I know this topic has been done to death and can get contentious, so if anyone could point me to your favorite thread on the topic in lieu of rehashing the same old thing, I'd appreciate that too
i run whatever's cheapest and isnt that god awful zigzag wheelbarrow tread thats commonly used on cafe racers. my cx had metzlers on it when i first got it, and i think i changed them to either shinko's or kumho's when the metzlers were worn out.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have Bridgestone BT45 on my 1980 CX

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,075 Posts
The Grub is currently wearing Shinko Tour Masters (I don't recall the model number, off the top of my head.) They deliver great performance for normal street riding, but anecdotally, are fast wearing. I don't have enough miles on them yet to confirm that. Previous tires, and current on Nimbus, were Dunlop D404s. A solid, long wearing tire in my experience.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Pirelli sport demon on my 500 ...good grip and ok milage.....
Had the bridgestone Bt45 previously...good tyre as well.
Tyres are a bit like music...some will lauder a specific tyre..others will not like it.
You need to consider grip/wet grip/ "slip"...they all feedback differently......

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E
2,088 Posts
Happy with my Michelin Commander 2's got over 14,000 kms still got usable rubber . Yeah they anit cheep but worth it if you do alot of riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts