Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sun. was finishing up a 300 mile ride and as I was heading east on state highway 19 from Henderson to union hill traveling about 65 mph to keep the tailgaters off my rear, I sped past a tiny country church of the redeemer and spied a toddler standing in a puddle of water about three feet from the left lane white line. A quick glance up the long driveway and noticed not an adult in sight. The cars and trucks were zinging by this tiny new walker as he held on to his orange and red plastic scooter car. It took me about three seconds to realize that this toddler was in very grave danger so I tromped on my brake and hooked a U in the middle of the road and sped back to him. Parked my bike between him and the road and got off and slowly removed my full faced helmet so as to not scare the little buggar. He fortuneately didn't make a peep or cry or try to avoid me so I scooped him up in my right arm and grabbed the sissy bar on his scooter car with my left hand and headed up the hill to the church parking lot. There were probably a dozen or so empty cars so i carried him to the church and loudly knocked on both front and back doors but they were locked. All the while this little diapered guy was looking into my eyes with not even a smidgen of fear or anxiety. He was totally calm.I was getting pretty pissed but didn't show it to him. So we then went to the church's house back door and I loudly banged on the door with his scooter car. About ten seconds later the dad and pastor opened up and were greeted by my calm but freakin angry explanation that this little guy could easily have ended up like the dozen or so racoons littering the roadsides that I had avoided throughout the day. I also reminded them that any sexual pervert could have grabbed him in a second and been long gone with him. I handed him off and as I headed down the hill to my bike a small group of folks gathered at the top of the hill to watch this dirty rain soaked neck to toe black leather clad biker' helmet up and take off. Before I left I pointed to the puddle and hollered "that's where he was standing". They all looked befuddled. As I took off I realized my whole upper body was shaking. As I finished the last 30 miles I had a really strong feeling that the big guy upstairs put me there just for that little tike. I thanked him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.