Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok can I reuse the thrust washer, bike bandit seams to be having trouble finding one & that's holding up my order so I told them to ship everthing else should be here next week. Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool it is called the thrust washer when i ordered the parts to do the chain and mech seal i am thinking thats what it is was in that parts order. thanks cxphreak i cant see a 1 dollar washer holing thing up for another week or so.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Thanks guys after all the parts come i will examine and see if its still usable thanks Shep will check it out
i posted this earlier on a similar thread

a thrust washer is what the description says.....a thrust...push something foward.it has no other function,if its clean and 10mm in size,job sorted,use it 100 times.

washers that heve a different function.ie.....sealing water,or whatever,so cheap,just replace...trouble is,if you dont,and get a leak,it puts red herrings into your head

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i posted this earlier on a similar thread

a thrust washer is what the description says.....a thrust...push something foward.it has no other function,if its clean and 10mm in size,job sorted,use it 100 times.

washers that heve a different function.ie.....sealing water,or whatever,so cheap,just replace...trouble is,if you dont,and get a leak,it puts red herrings into your head

Thanks Bandit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.