Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Throttle Sensor Apology

963 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dmdave 
#1 ·
To anyone who spent time on my previous post, I apologize.

I was following the directions for testing the throttle sensor, and was taking readings from the plug that had pink, green and white wires per the Honda manual page 24-22. Much to my embarrassment, both of the P sensor plugs have pink, green and white wires coming out of the bottom. The Throttle Sensor has Red/White, Dark Green/Blue, and Light Green wires (WTF ?? !!). Very Un-Honda like to have that screw up in their manual (and my bad for not catching it). I will continue chasing down wires to see why the injectors are not clicking, and maybe have an intelligent question to ask before I go with Honda's suggestion to "try with a new micro computer".

#2 ·
My injectors did not click either. My bike had been sitting for 7-9 years. I sent the injectors out to deatschwerks and had them cleaned. One was completely inoperable and the other was barely working at all. How long has the bike been sitting? Mine cleaned up perfectly.

#3 ·
Unknown how long it sat. Bought it from a guy who bought a package of 4 bikes. He sent the injectors out, but apparently did nothing else. The gum and rust was so bad, the fuel line to the pump was completely packed solid. It took a week to just get the gas flowing. I did get the injectors working, but the engine is missing and stumbling at lower RPM's. Will send the injectors out, and if that does not clear things up, I ordered a replacement Pb sensor (per the forum's advice). I'm getting closer all the time, and redid the brakes, suspension joints, and waste gate while fighting the fuel issues. It has not cost much other than my time. By the time I get it sorted out, I'll be a turbo expert (thanks to the forum).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.