Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Honda GL500 cafe build in progress . Burn rubber , not your soul !
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I messed with my bars and pulled the wiring a little to.much and messed up my starter button so its not working .. I jumped it off the solenoid and when I'm riding it seems to be lacking power a.d not accelerating as quick as it normally does and its jumping up idle a bit.. I have no idea what it is , at first I thought maybe I blew a head gasket but it ran just fine until I messed with the bars... live the bike and in the middle of a cafe build but this issue is boggling my mind..

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
If all was well before the bar change...Choke cable not returning? Or maybe throttle cables kinked/binding?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I
If all was well before the bar change...Choke cable not returning? Or maybe throttle cables kinked/binding?
Cool, ill have a look at it .. the rpms are running lower as well so it's gotta be one of those to things.. hopefully! Appreciate it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I

Cool, ill have a look at it .. the rpms are running lower as well so it's gotta be one of those to things.. hopefully! Appreciate it.
I believe I found the problem, my plug wire on the right cylinder was not covering the hole completely and some water got down in there . I took some rags and a small screw driver and dried the inside of the wire and inside around the plug .. I'll find out when I run her up the road and see if that solves the problem. It was just lagging the normal power and bogging down so I'm thinking that water didn't allow a proper connection for the spark to do its work.

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,452 Posts
Verify that the drains in your plug wells are clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts