Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craigslist ad for a Rare 1982 CX500 w/Turbo

RARE 1982 Honda CX500 w/Turbo - $16000 (deltona)

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
for sale. ONLY 25K ORIG MILES. Pretty clean, has been owned and cared for by certified motorcycle mechanic for 2 years, starts up every time with no malfunctions, very dependable transportation....AND FAST. The turbo on the bike really makes it scoot. I've had it for 2 years, and its the fastest bike I've ridden. Bike was owned from 1982 to 1989 by the same person, then from '89 to 1991 by someone else, mechanic owned from 1991 to 1999, was in impound from 1999 to 2002, owned by same person from 2002 to 2008, when I bought it. Clean title, no stories, no salvages, no mechanical hang ups, no cosmetic doozies, no electrical problems, everything works, this bike will last you a lifetime. $16,000 I will accept two payments of $8,000 if needed but the bike doesn't leave my carport until it's paid off. Very good condition no disappointments.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Canadian Dollars ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'd imagine he has a few bikes to sell and he uploaded the wrong image. Nobody can be that far off, it looks like a Yamaha V-Max (which COULD command 16K if is was mint with 5K miles) The bike has no stories, 'cept for those years that it was impounded (!!!)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Craigslist ad for a Rare 1982 CX500 w/Turbo

RARE 1982 Honda CX500 w/Turbo - $16000 (deltona)

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
for sale. ONLY 25K ORIG MILES. Pretty clean, has been owned and cared for by certified motorcycle mechanic for 2 years, starts up every time with no malfunctions, very dependable transportation....AND FAST. The turbo on the bike really makes it scoot. I've had it for 2 years, and its the fastest bike I've ridden. Bike was owned from 1982 to 1989 by the same person, then from '89 to 1991 by someone else, mechanic owned from 1991 to 1999, was in impound from 1999 to 2002, owned by same person from 2002 to 2008, when I bought it. Clean title, no stories, no salvages, no mechanical hang ups, no cosmetic doozies, no electrical problems, everything works, this bike will last you a lifetime. $16,000 I will accept two payments of $8,000 if needed but the bike doesn't leave my carport until it's paid off. Very good condition no disappointments.

"No Stories" except five owners, four years living outside in the impound and now it lives outside in his carport in salty Florida. If this is the fastest bike he has ridden, he obviously has not been out much since 1990. Where did he get that V-Max picture, didn't he ever ride it, that's a low 10 second bike? Thanks, but there are plenty of nice bikes for sale for a quarter of this price and their pictures match their descriptions.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It must be the Turbo in the ad with the Vmax picture. The local bike dealer has a 2010 unsold Vmax on the floor he'll let go for $17,500. Unless of course there's something special about this model year or something. Compared to the $25k in the other ad, it's reasonable with two easy payments! Good luck finding the guy or the bike when you go to make your second payment!

·
Registered
40 Posts
NADA:

Motorcycle / Scooter - Yamaha - 2004 Base

2004 Yamaha V Max Base

Base MSRP $10,999.00 < thats retail which you could not get today as there are so many of them out there the Yama Vmax12 was build from 1985 to 2009 with very few changes though the 85-86s are still thought of as the faster of the line.

But really if he has a CX5T with 25k on it, that he feels is worth 16k he is nuts!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi guys, glad to be on the new forum. I e-mailed the guy, via craigslist, and he is obviously mentally unstable, and a crook.

I think I will just leave this nutcase alone.

Here is a copy of my e-mail and his one line response:

shut your mouth before you get shot in the eye

--- On Mon, 11/8/10, HomerRod > wrote:

Wrom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ust checking on the 500 Turbo price. Is it $16,000 or $1,600?

You may want to do some homework on these bikes.

Not even a mint condition, showroom quality CX500T will get anything near what you

are asking, ($16,000 ???).

Most of us who that these bikes, (and believe me, there are lot's of us online) know what they will fetch in the various conditions.

The average clean, low mileage 500T will get about $3,000 - $6,000.

A showroom condition, out of the crate bike will get $5,000 - $9,000, depending on the market.

I won't even throw the 650's into the equation, since they are more rare and costly.

I wish you luck, and hope it sell's to someone who really appreciates these Honda gems.

Homer Rod

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hi guys, glad to be on the new forum. I e-mailed the guy, via craigslist, and he is obviously mentally unstable, and a crook.

Here is a copy of my e-mail and his one line response:

shut your mouth before you get shot in the eye

Homer Rod

It's about time you showed up!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

Doesn't he know the customer is always right?

I agree, he sounds like a total idiot,,after an email like that I would have nothing to do with the guy.

Welcome back to the forum.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Doesn't he know the customer is always right?

I agree, he sounds like a total idiot,,after an email like that I would have nothing to do with the guy.

Welcome back to the forum.

off topic but i loved your pics of the fundy trail.

cheera mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts