I could get a lot more bike for that sort of dosh

Similar bikes here struggle to fetch 1500 sometimes a grand

although sometimes people go mad and you see them go for silly money

My first and most expensive CX cost me £100

Ok it was an ugly shabby old thing but 'chrome dont get you home' as they say

·
Registered
36 Posts
That guy is coo-coo.You can ask for a crazy price all day but unless a fool or someone without a clue comes along you'll see that bike on CL for a longtime. CL is full of them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought my 79 CX500D for $500! geez, now I feel like i ripped the PO off! NOT! BTW, its getting a make over by Larry!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Well...in the title line (Honda CX 500 Custom 1980 $1 - $5000 (san rafael)) notice the price range ...... does that count?

I guess this is what's great about living in the free world.....

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
But Guys ..... it has a two tone gas tank, so its at least worth $5,000.00 Glad he didnt put custom foot pegs on it, would have shot the price up to $20,000

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I used to have an NC30 VFR400R and it had an 'HRC' machined and polished metal insert on the steering stem. I'm sure that made the bike worth £1000 more not to mention the extra 40 bhp it gave the engine! Ha!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Well...in the title line (Honda CX 500 Custom 1980 $1 - $5000 (san rafael)) notice the price range ...... does that count?

I guess this is what's great about living in the free world.....

So what is the asking price?

Something between $1-$5000?

Good looking bike.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I hope he gets it. Probably won't. but I hope so anyway. In another ten years ours may be worth that much also. We'll see.

I'm sure of it if things keep going the way they are, downside is a loaf of bread will be $50.

As others have pointed out, the ad does say $1 - $5000. Someone nearby offer the guy a buck and see what he says.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Who has the red engine on here? They stole his fuse box cover!

It's a nice looking glossy paint job...too bad it reminds one of a Harley or Yamaha.

The Cafe bike TV show CX500 bike went for several thousand so he figures his is worth nearly as much...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.