Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please excuse the commercial first time post. I once had an account here but lost it several email addresses ago. :)

Check it out. Fresh out of the molds, Viton material, triple-lip, identical to OEM shock seals. And at a great price!

New seals! hondaairshock.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, not the GL650. That one takes a Turbo seal near as I can tell. The fitment is as follows. Pro-Link models of the Honda CBX, GL500, and VF1100 Sabre. I.e., all MA2 center code part numbers. This is a quality seal, two years in the development and production. To Honda spec, triple-lip, Viton, and all the rest. Field tested and proven to be a quality product.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
For folks following this thread, Mike and I have swapped several PMs and emails. Due to his low post count I wanted some assurance that this offer is indeed authentic.

Rest assured it is. Mike is actually Mike Nixon. See here.

Welcome, Mike!

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
This source needs a link in the wiki.

Agreed. In fact, a wiki writeup detailing the procedure would also be appropriate.

In the meantime, I've made this thread sticky so it will not slip away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Happy to see you, Mike.
Any chance of the MC7 oil seal being manufactured?
Timothy, I see a later reponse but I still don't know what seal you are speaking of if not the main seal MC7. It is still available from Honda. If those become unavailable I will certainly get involved with them. Let me know what's hp.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Mike and I had discussed that seal in our email exchange and we both thought it was still available. In fact, I had purchased a couple just a few years ago. Apparently it has also been discontinued.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
That tends to happen over the years.
I've bought many seals and parts that I feared might start to dry up, unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to grab a couple of the shock seals, mostly because they are such a super pain in the ass to rebuild correctly (full disassemble), and I don't have a shop press to begin with.

·
Registered
24,175 Posts
i have bought them from honda canada before

so just as a matter of interest i asked kamn to call the dealer he uses and ask them

the guy told kamn that they were on temp backorder with a delivery date of july

1 - 20 of 27 Posts