Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a lot of wet sanding done this evening. I am going to use two colors when I paint, and I got all the pieces that will receive one color ready for paint. It is supposed to be nice again on Wednesday, so I may at least get one color painted on, then wet sand the rest. It is getting more exciting seeing all the pieces in primer, I figure a little color may add more motivation. I leave town at the end of the month for a week, so my goal is to have clear coat sprayed before I leave. When I get home, I can wet sand and buff the clear coat, then spend June reassembling. Hopefully, I can rebuild the motor by the second week of July and possibly take it for a spin by August.

This thing started out as my $50 rust bucket. It might actually turn into something nice.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
When I get home, I can wet sand and buff the clear coat,

the extra curing time will definitely be nice, it should be rock hard by the time you get back.

With most of the newer 2K Urethanes, if you use a good paint gun and procedures, the exactly correct reducer in the exactly proper mixture with the clear and the outside temperature and humidity are at reasonable levels it should lay on flat enough such that a little polishing is all that's needed - no wet sanding, no rubbing compound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.