Honda CX 500 Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
LIttlewing is running smoother than ever. The speedo is still not buzzing after the shot of WD40 teflon.
How can sitting all winter in the garage help? I did fill the tank with non-alcohol gas and put some Stabil and Sea Foam in the tank. Didn't put a trickle charger on the AGM battery either. When I get the GL650 from DavidInWisconsin, I'll get the radiator off the 500 and fix the oil leak, change the gaskets and rubber under the radiator.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've been baking pecan rolls and cookies for the neighbors.
View attachment 199595

But I am ready to protect them too. My little NAA .22WMR is easier to carry than my bigger pistols. I normally don't carry, but my carry permit is exactly for times like these. I don't trust the hoarders of T.P. or bullets and the preppers. I am an old boyscout.

View attachment 199596
Lee,
Saw the pecan rolls-according to goggle am 9 miles away-do i qualify as neighbor? when does 650 arrive?
Paul

·
Super Moderator
13,497 Posts
How can sitting all winter in the garage help?
Maybe the lubricant had time to creep into where it was needed before being flung off by the parts rotating like could happen if you used it the day after you sprayed.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Lee,
Saw the pecan rolls-according to goggle am 9 miles away-do i qualify as neighbor? when does 650 arrive?
Paul
Maybe we can manage delivery of some rolls the next time I make them? I tell folks just to nuke them in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm them up and take care of any bugs.

David was thinking within a week but I said don't rush. He is a good guy to deal with. When the Michellins arrived that he is putting on the GL650, he noticed on the date stamps that they were not as fresh as he'd like them so he asked that newer ones be ordered.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Maybe the lubricant had time to creep into where it was needed before being flung off by the parts rotating like could happen if you used it the day after you sprayed.
Compared to the GL650, when down shifting, the GL500 pops a little bit. I downshilf less with the 650.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Re buns: This could be a good opportunity for you guys to ride a few miles and then stand a few feet apart ;-)
Paul came by with a new replacement pillion seat cover for me the other day. I'll drop him a note with the next set of pecan rolls. I ordered new bread yeast mail order (can't buy it in the stores) and should arrive Saturday.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts