Honda CX 500 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Frankly, I have no reservation about shaming those individuals who are buying in excess or hoarding or taking no precautions. I have asked one induhvidual if he really needed cartload TP and multiple bottles of hand sanitizer.....he looked at me like I was purple and had 2 1/2 heads. Perhaps I should have thanked him for not taking more.

I consider those folks with a incurable case of Moronavirus.

Blindstitch and all.....stay wise, stay healthy, keep your heads.

Blind, you should keep and frame that piece of paper. You never know, it may come in handy one day during a discussion with Mrs Blind.

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
Blind, you should keep and frame that piece of paper. You never know, it may come in handy one day during a discussion with Mrs Blind.
I think she's going to laminate it for me. Don't worry she's still essential too even though she's a contractor at Harley Davidson. She's pretty much the only one at Harley corporate in her department.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Washington state we're going into full-on lockdown now, shelter-in-place, no one leaves except to go to the grocery store, pharmacy, etc. Just about everything dry or frozen is cleared out of the grocery stores around here, gun stores and hardware stores are picked over. People are starting to act like it's the apocalypse, there have been roaming groups of street racers taking over sections of highway; home invasions, burglaries, and car-jackings are all on the rise. I've been told to work from home for the next few weeks, hoping to keep my head down until the situation normalizes a bit at least.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was listening to a local radio show (OH) and a caller said he went to the local gun shop (been 2 weeks ago now) to get ammo and there was none on the shelves. He asked at the counter if there was any ammo available and they told him they sold more guns and ammo that weekend than they did for black Friday, wow! Like you say, it's the hysteria that's causing the issue. Get what you need so others can have some too.

·
Registered
24,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
with the lack of testing here we would be conservative to figure that there are 10 unreported cases to every counted one
and most epidemiologists are saying the factor is way higher
so that means we may have over half a million cases her in the states
and students are bringing more back
we have the first on campus cases back from spring break
my wifes aunt made it out of icu thank god

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
Gaining 30 cases a day here in Milwaukee County. My half of the county isn't as bad as the other but it's a short car ride away. At work I was told 53 people didn't show up for the previous shift and they're calling all help they can but obviously no one wants to go in and be put at risk. But if UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Amazon stop serving people who knows what will happen. The upside is 30 percent of people wore gloves before the virus and now 70 percent wear gloves. But I do worry that it seems I like to touch my face. Well now I fight the urge to scratch that scratch or wipe the hair out of my face. Delivery drivers are doing the best they can too at serving but not touching people, places, things... Many are bringing supplies from home to clean their trucks or the areas they touch regularly.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Have you considered one of these?

:p

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
I understand, As a Fedex driver some of us are a bit panic'ed. Today our station was finally issued a spray bottle of industrial sani. for each truck. We are getting little to no guidance from mgt. When I go in there are 30-50+ drivers standing around 3 time clocks to punch in. It may be a 100 sq ft area. I cringe and pass thru the crowd and hide in the front office til they have all moved on to their trucks. I have been late every day for the past 2 weeks. F__K em and any time lost. My wife is a nurse and have family at home plus I don't make UPS wages. Please take care all. Idaho went in to stay at home order today after our Nambe pambe gov collapsed under pressure.

Gaining 30 cases a day here in Milwaukee County. My half of the county isn't as bad as the other but it's a short car ride away. At work I was told 53 people didn't show up for the previous shift and they're calling all help they can but obviously no one wants to go in and be put at risk. But if UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Amazon stop serving people who knows what will happen. The upside is 30 percent of people wore gloves before the virus and now 70 percent wear gloves. But I do worry that it seems I like to touch my face. Well now I fight the urge to scratch that scratch or wipe the hair out of my face. Delivery drivers are doing the best they can too at serving but not touching people, places, things... Many are bringing supplies from home to clean their trucks or the areas they touch regularly.

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
I cringe and pass thru the crowd and hide in the front office til they have all moved on to their trucks. I have been late every day for the past 2 weeks. F__K em and any time lost. My wife is a nurse and have family at home plus I don't make UPS wages.
Exactly. I only make the little UPS wages but in order to stop the problem of crowding you're having we had to get the union involved to explain to management that they're idiots. And that took way to long to sink in. They were having group meetings between all jobs telling them not to meet in groups.

Now i'm hearing of harassment of people wearing face masks saying it goes against the dress code.

Stay safe. I'm surprised we aren't dealing with a porch pirate problem right now with all the fluffy cottony gold going through the system.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sad to say the supermarkets in Australia are stripped of basics nearly as soon as they are put on the shelves but glad to say the gun shops would love to see some customers.

·
Registered
24,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
she is home safe and getting stronger thank god

and i am happy to report i am no longer a hermit and anti social

i am now a fore-runner in social distancing

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been out of town working for the last 3 weeks. My ex and kids (there all in their 30's) have been group texting. Everyone was saying the stores are stripped. My neighbors, who haven't been to the stores in a week also reported no meat in the stores.
The sad thing is I got home 2 days ago and only had one can of soup here. When I got to the stores, I found fully restocked meat sections. There are perhaps hundreds of corned beef briskets turning as St. paddy's day was put off. Many hundreds of pounds of meat are going to the landfill.
The hoarders over bought and now things are sitting. I bought frozen pizzas on SALE.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've been out of town working for the last 3 weeks. My ex and kids (there all in their 30's) have been group texting. Everyone was saying the stores are stripped. My neighbors, who haven't been to the stores in a week also reported no meat in the stores.
The sad thing is I got home 2 days ago and only had one can of soup here. When I got to the stores, I found fully restocked meat sections. There are perhaps hundreds of corned beef briskets turning as St. paddy's day was put off. Many hundreds of pounds of meat are going to the landfill.
The hoarders over bought and now things are sitting. I bought frozen pizzas on SALE.
50 cents per half gallon of 2% milk today. Don't know if price is related to virus but it's the lowest I've seen since I can't remember. Containers and there were many had price stickers on them, maybe old.

·
Super Moderator
13,496 Posts
A couple of interesting things I came across this week:
1) I saw someone who had recovered from COVID on the news yesterday answering viewer submitted questions and I found it interesting that she said the first symptom she had was that she lost the ability to taste some things (she mentioned that coffee in particular had no flavour for her).
A quick google finds a lot of news reports that talk about taste & smell being early indicators. If this is true I think it should be at the top of the list of things to watch for because I've never heard of a common cold, flu or seasonal allergies (which share most of the other symptoms) completely knocking out taste & smell like that.

2) A neighbour told me (source unknown but it makes a lot of sense) he read that washing your hands before putting the garbage &/or recycling out as well as after (& the same when you bring the cans/bins in) can help prevent the spread. The garbage man may be protected by wearing gloves but if you are infected and touch the can/bin/bag the virus can transfer to his gloves and then to every other garbage can & recycling box on his route.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts