Honda CX 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Amazing video Bob, thanx. In reference to Murray's original and subsequent postings, it's good to hear the Aunt is under competent medical care, and success rates in modern facilities are very high. Sanitation in general is a common human consideration, modern devices such as the bidet, UVC light sanitation, hot water for all, are essential to mitigate problems. I'm a technologically oriented person, but still pray in my way for a successful resolution to our current difficulties, without unnecessary complications. Peace:)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I agree that unbridled chaos is unlikely
I see that my most likely use of a firearm is to shoot squirrels to cook for dog food. On the otherhand, I just ordered from my local pet store and they will put my dog food, bisquits and rawhide in my trunk without me going in the store.

Jackasses have been assaulting Asians. My late mother was Japanese and I am usually mistaken for Hawaiian, Native or Mexican. Also, there has been some gun point stick ups and carjacking locally. I have a carry permit and I normally don't carry, But I have Grandpaw's ThunderThumb on my belt when I go out these days. A NAA .22WMR derringer mini-revolver. Much easier than my others to conceal. More like my pocket knife. Even my wife doesn't know when it is on my belt next to my Multi-Pliers, under an untucked shirt.

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
My parents used Sears and Roebuck catalogs for wiping,, outhouses ya kno;) plays hell with modern plumbing!
Yeah but todays tp is so boring. Back in the day you could be thumbing through a variety of items like apple peelers, toasters, garden implements and be like you know what section I don't need anymore. Winter coats you're going down the hole.

Of course if Amazon is the only supplier they could make a printed TP for better bathroom reading and maybe convince you into a new toaster at the same time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Self defense from deluded, prejudiced individuals is our constitutional right, and not questionable by rational people in a system of laws. Racism is a disease deadlier than this current pandemic from an historical perspective. My thoughts are all people can benefit from education, and hopefully the common experience of adversity will dissolve unnecessary interpersonal boundaries. Stay free, ride safe.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Self defense from deluded, prejudiced individuals is our constitutional right, and not questionable by rational people in a system of laws.
I think part of the reason for the uptick in stickups and carjacking is that everyone is at home and simple burglary is harder to do with everyone staying home, So the druggies and otherwise badguys have to do other things to rip people off.

My wife read on the local Next Door, that a neighbor was carjacked as she walked to the car. They told her to get in the car. She threw her bag and keys at them and turtled on the ground. They figured it was too much trouble and just took her belongings and the car. Happy she was not hurt. Your chances of not getting hurt fall off exponentially if they kidnap you too.

·
Registered
980 Posts
IMHO, the elements of society that are considered bad, by thier unsocial and often violent activities, are often of the underclass as a generational disability. Of course some have serious psychological/neurological problems which should be addressed by legal and medical professionals. If employment opportunities become available for underprivileged and underserved communities, all of society benefits. Educational opportunities beyond self administered information systems should be freely available. Health systems should be available to all with serious problems, as those issues find their way throughout society as is evidenced by our current crisis. Neighborliness is a broad spectrum term, inclusive of those far from our immediate vicinity. Please, consider the future of humanity in your personal actions. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
I think part of the reason for the uptick in stickups and carjacking is that everyone is at home and simple burglary is harder to do with everyone staying home,
Reminds me of the simply safe guy. Someone out there is arguing that they need to make a living too.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Right on,,, although rich people have issues too,, robbery and disturbing others peaceful lives is not limited to stick up street thieves,,, more understanding and compassion by all builds strong communities

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sharing resources and information without greed empowers everyone. Enough preaching, the folks on this forum are down to earth, on two wheels, trying to enjoy the ride!:)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sorry, as usual, I'm late to the party...….
First: Murray, dear friend and Mentor, my very best wishes for your wife's Aunt, Godspeed in her recovery.
2nd... as this unusual event progresses, I am astonished daily by the greed, ignorance, and irrationality exhibited by far too many. As I once learned, "To NOT do desperate things is the hallmark of intelligent beings"...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Still hunkering down in the house. Self-isolation. Sorry, don't trust other people are not carriers.

Typical of Iowa spring. First day of Spring and we wake to snow, mid-twenty temperature and wind at 30+ mph, meaning wind chill is in the single digits. I don't wanna go outside to walk the dog, much less to do anything else.

I think some of the members are making gross assumptions regarding people's reactions and weapon handling. I'm consuming time by building things for SWMBO and working on Honey-do tasks.

·
Super Moderator
20,358 Posts
Meh. i've been a carer for my wife for 10 years or so. I stay close to home and only go out to run necessary errands. Sometimes I get a ride in.

Not complaining, I'm unsociable by nature and Mrs. Phreak and Iare happy with each others company.

So .... self isolation to me means I go out a little less ...a little. :)

We have managed an online grocery delivery today so we have stocks.

Meh.

This is going to be interesting times though. I've lived in my area all my life and seen it get busier and busier with each passing decade. At present, going out on the roads or to the shopping centre etc is like a timewarp to 30 years ago as far as the apparent human beings go. A minor thing, but it seems weird. Great on the bike though.

All humour aside, I hope this virus is not the horror some are predicting. A ridiculous over reaction in retrospect is better than a hideous tragedy.

Stay safe, wash your hands and stay wellpeople. look after your loved ones.

·
Super Moderator
13,496 Posts
Yep. Remember that the Great Influenza Pandemic of 1918 killed millions worldwide and we don't want that to happen again but on the other hand panic helps nothing.

BTW re weather: The crew are in replacing the electric hot water tank that feiled with a propane one today. An hour ago the sun was shining but as soon as they started drilling the hole for the chimney the sky opened up and rain came down by the bucket full.
At least it is warm out. Hopefully the last of the white stuff will be washed away.

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
The upside of Melody having to drop down from fulltime to parttime is we finally got the car fixed after she slid into a curb. Control arm was a bit bent. I ordered tires and rims to my brothers shop 300 miles away but she said we can't go get them. Sitting at home sucks and gas is cheap. Stupid corona.

Thinking about figuring out this online grocery shopping thing instead of ordering motorcycle and other sharp or blunt implement stuff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So my wifes elderly aunt is in icu with the ccorona virus and they are not sure if she will make it

she is in wisconcin.

You all take care keep your hands clean and stay away from everyone and every thing

no one even think of visiting me please!

My thought and prayers to you all listen to local advisories

this is very real !
Best wishes and all of my prayers to your aunt Murray.
This virus is deadly - we're all in home-shelters here in Israel for over a week now, and the sucker keep spreading at 27% a day. We're hoping that an immunization will be developed / found soon. There is no other way. Stay safe. Stay strong.

61 - 80 of 149 Posts