Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my son in Seattle, actually Bothell, WA. I was messing around on Seattle's Craigslist last week and e-mailed him a post about 2 CX500's that were listed, both for $400.00. Well, he gave the guy a call and since he was the first caller out of about 60, the guy sold them to him. My son already has a 06 RC51 Honda, and a couple of dirt bikes, so this just adds to his wife's pride of him. He is a Honda Auto tech, so he does know his way around wrenches too.

I don't know all the details yet, but they are both 80 models with one a Custom, and one a Deluxe. The custom needs a stator, (maybe), and I'm not sure on the Deluxe. He did say that there was enough accessories on the Deluxe, fairing, saddle bags, etc to probably get his money back already if he was to sell them. I told him to shoot some pictures back so I could see what he got. Since we were planning on spending 10 days out there with them in a month or so, their house projects will just have to wait until we get the bikes in shape.

I also invited him to join the Forum, which he said he would. So I guess I have caused my brother to get one, (and he is looking for another), my oldest son to get two, my youngest to be riding one in Colorado, and a friend to get two that I helped clean up. I am just thankful that Charles has a quantity membership discount for family's.

·
Registered
102 Posts
wow, cx800 ? that would be tasty. can you really overbore them that much ?
- you should be on commission for spreading the cx bug to so many people.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yah I saw those two bikes. I was really hoping that the guy would be willing to sell parts from the parts bike (ie a headlight) but he never replied to my emails. I would have bought them but I would have been yelled at for putting two more bikes in my garage.

What are you planning on doing with them? fix them up and bring them home?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I do recall seeing a thread a few years back on how some guy/s in the

US machined out the bores and fitted liners and suitable pistons

to get a CX motor up to about 800cc

Have these bikes been modded like that I wonder?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, guys, I took your fun away and edited my post. I have to get a Reader's Digest Large Print font going here so I can see my typing.

I'm not sure what he has in mind for them. They are not coming back to Missouri tho. I do have another nephew in Seattle that has been talking bikes, but he is not a wrencher by any definition, so I don't know how good of fit that would be. My son's wife also rides dirt bikes, but she is only about 5'4", and 100 lbs wet. That may be a problem for her to handle and reach the ground. We will just have to see what is wrong with both and go from there. I would suspect that parting one out may be in the possibility category.

·
Registered
511 Posts
They could be called cojoined siamese transverse quadruple super dooper twins. I better get my butt back to work....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts