Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ah the storey's that reminds me of! It is simple to make a vehicle last longer, "Keep it full and keep it clean" ( that includes the fliuds) ,I guess nobody told the previous owners that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man, that looks chunky. Mine was that color, bit it was still fluid. my brake fluid, on the other hand, was more solid than liquid.

Dan

·
Registered
584 Posts
Probably smells like roses too! :p

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm with Sidecar..

Every fork oil change I at least take the things off the bike and give them a good going over..

Never used the drain bolts before.. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
13,730 Posts
I advocate disassembly & thorough cleaning only if you don't know when they were last serviced, if you know for sure that you should have serviced them years ago or if you have to take them apart to replace leaking seals anyway.
I did away with the need to add air to the forks of both my bikes by adding preload spacers (length determined by the calculation) and that made installing the caps very difficult. When I was doing that I made sure I would be able to add fresh fluid through the openings for the valves when needed and I now change the fork oil often enough that I can flush them instead of disassembling (details here)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts