Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the CX is now gone. A definite tough one. But I felt pretty good about the buyer, and he turned out to be a bucket list kind of guy, and this was one of his check marks. I think he will be a good caretaker. I gave him the info to this site so I hope he will come by soon and be a part of our community. He should, he has had these bikes before, and that's why it was on the bucket list to get mine. Here she goes!

One scary moment while trying to get it up the ramp he made. I had Bob and my g/f spotting the luggage rack as I rolled up onto the ramp, but the top heavy got me off line, and it nearly toppled mid way up......thankfully, their grasp kept me up enough to lock the brake and ease it back down. Had a nearby guy come add some help and we just pushed it up the ramp instead of me trying to power it up.

Lots of great memories over the last nine years. Hopefully for Bob, many more for him.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice Job Joel ! I know it's hard to see her go, but she will probably get a little more road time with a new owner.

I had a scary moment myself loading up my GL when I bought her. The PO just got a running start and pushed the darn thing up into my lifted F150.....all 5'6" of him. I was in the bed to catch her when she came up, It worked, but I wouldn't want to do that again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm sure it was hard too, but think of it this way. If it wasn't for people like you, there wouldn't be people like us. . . I'm sure we'll see him here on the forum. -Joel

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joel, that's a good mentality about it. Some sellers miss that point badly. As do some buyers. There is a lot of difference between a cherry, and a pit.

*edit* I guess it's time to edit my profile, huh?

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woot, I relate to that exactly. Trust me, when I first got the CX it was no picnic getting it in or out of the truck. I do hope Bob gets many miles on her, cuz he was really beaming as he left. I sent along a big box of spare stuff and a binder manual from the extinct dude in the UK. I hung onto some items I might need down the road for G-Loria though.

We need to get a ride in one of these days. Tomorrow, my honey and I are going out for a short run, and it will be a tribute run for Marshall. I'll post a pic when we get to it.

Joel in the Couve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.