Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unsure where to post this, but Larry (from this board) really came through for me.

I bought his book and tried my best to rebuild my carbs. being a complete newb with mechanical stuff (he can attest to this) I shipped mine off to him, only to get polished.

Thanks to his meticulous eye, he advised me that they needed a lot MORE work.

He VERY quickly got them near perfect, shiny and back to me (in mail this morning)

HUGE thanks to this guy. If you're on the fence about sending something to him, get it to him.

His book was also great and helped me learn a lot.

I think of the carbs as the heart of the bike. If the carbs aren't working well, the bike won't.

My only advice to others is, if in doubt - don't try to fix that shit at home.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
They'll do better than that if you put some wax with a lot of true hard Carnauba wax it and don't go high-pressure washing your bike every day.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Larry just did a fantabulous job on my carbs as well. They were so bad off, I thought he was gonna have them for a month but he had them not quite a week.

Now I have to polish up the rest of my bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
I just got done doing the radiator trim and surround and it only took an hour. But those valve covers have to be the worst. Besides maybe the oil filter holder.

·
Super Moderator
2,846 Posts
Thanks Frenzy & Sterno, It's nice to hear a couple more CX's are living well again. I couldn't agree more that the carbs are the heart of a great running bike. There is a lot of other components that have to be right too before everything will dance together though. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the build as you guys go along.

Thanks for the opportunity to work for you.

Larry

Don, keep rubbin those parts! They shouldn't have gotten that dirty in the first place.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Add my thanks as well. Very quick turn around, bolted those suckers on and Volia!! I've got a new bike. Didn't have to touch a single adjustment. My only complaint is that the shine looks out of place on my rather ratty looking machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.