Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tank rusted out again and just went out and found another. got on youtube and airbrushed another with flames. hope it will post on here.? since im doing so well on the pics i thought i would show a before and now. no where finished cause it is torn back down to do other stuff to it.. do we ever get finished with them??

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know about the clear. I had a really good friend at zac's paint & body paint it black and I watched youtube and borrowed his air brush gun and painted the flames in my garage. 2 yrs ago I painted the flames white and he put orange candy on them but this time I used red,orange and yellow paint to see if I could do it. This is how they turned out. Now I have it torn down and making some forward controls for it. I painted the finders and made a tag mount with tag light bolts for my tag light. I have another head light for the front, I have front blinkers off a harley road king that will mount on the front finder. I used a module for a vrod blinkers on the back. My back blinkers will be my stop light,blinkers and running light. I cut the bracket for the speedo and tach in half and swapped them and got rid of the big dummy light box in the middle. I made a bracket to go around the ignision that will hold 4 led lights for the blinkers ,oil and neutral lights. The high beam is on the head light itself. It is so close to being complete I just can't wait. Hopefully next year I will be able to rake it out some. but till then I'll just enjoy what i HAVE..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally got her running with the forward controls. she shifted good but different. hard to see here but i rode her then i had to go back and find some bolts that fell off cause she was not put together good for the test ride. no head light, blinkers or tag on her. it was nice to be on her agin.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
putting everything under the new title of painted tank and forward controls. that is where ill put the pics as well. about the clear coat-- it is an aotomotive clear. I did watch you tube to learn how to paint the realistic flames. might not look great but I was sure ready to get finished with it. see you on the other page

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.