1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Shep, my All Balls kit came a few days ago, and the kit had what you see below. It was a bit more $ than your link, around $44 IIRC.

The two washers are at top left, and the most left one is about twice as thick as the one to the right. The two rollers are below them, and the two seals are far right.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool.Let me know how your fitting goes.When I did one I polished the fork tube with some 500 wet and dry otherwise they wouldn't slide down.Age corrosion and dimension a little off so needed taking down a bit.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Not sure when I can get around to the task just yet. Hoping to get some extra hands together sometime soon to tackle this and my front axle (still waiting for that to arrive and see it's condition.)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I don't know about the Ebay set you show but last year I ordered mine directly from "All Balls" and the kit was just right on....had everything we needed.

I must say I hope it was a one time job and never need to do again....was a pain.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
What would there be (if any) as far as advantages and disadvantages go between using the all balls or regular tapered replacements?

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the,"Pyramid" brand ones had a spacer missing hence my post.It seems the,"All Balls" kit is the way to go for less hassle for a job that can be a PITA anyway.The GF kit is an All Balls one so no problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.