Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have anything other than the stock rear light? I've been looking in the JP cycle catalog, and I like some of the lights.... Thinking of doing something to make mine brighter- ever since the guy I work with got hit on his bike stopping for a deer.

Also, I've trolled the site and found the wiring diagram. Is it printable? That's the one thing I've thought about for the winter, if Troy gets a heater for the garage

·
Registered
583 Posts
Anyone have anything other than the stock rear light? I've been looking in the JP cycle catalog, and I like some of the lights.... Thinking of doing something to make mine brighter- ever since the guy I work with got hit on his bike stopping for a deer.

Also, I've trolled the site and found the wiring diagram. Is it printable? That's the one thing I've thought about for the winter, if Troy gets a heater for the garage

I put LED bulbs in mine... a lot brighter and draws much less power!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I put LED bulbs in mine... a lot brighter and draws much less power!

I posted the same info on the enn forum(HID light) forum but I will tell that My experience with this company's products have been pleasing.

it's www.superbrightleds.com.

More expensive but I have found that you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I posted the same info on the enn forum(HID light) forum but I will tell that My experience with this company's products have been pleasing.

it's www.superbrightleds.com.

More expensive but I have found that you get what you pay for.
yup, thats where I ordered as well. Fast shipping!

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have one of these. It's O.K. but the stop light needs a little boost so i use a LED bar on the license plate too.

http://www.amazon.co...i/dp/B002I9YKWA

It's probably not DOT legal, but it fits right in the holes on a CX500C fender and the cable is the perfect length.

I added a tail light modulator to my stock tail light, then added a red LED strip I picked up at Harbor Freight for next to nothing. The LEDs are essentially just press fitted into the space between my trunk trim and the little rail that goes around my trunk and they are wired in parallel with the tail light. When I squeeze or step on the brakes, both flash five times and then go to solid. Didn't cost very much and really increased my visibility a good bit.

BTW: I wear a hi-viz jacket or a high-viz vest over my leathers so I stand out. Black just doesn't catch the eye effectively.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have one of these. It's O.K. but the stop light needs a little boost so i use a LED bar on the license plate too.

http://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Taillight-Eliminator-Lightfor-Kawasaki/dp/B002I9YKWA

It's probably not DOT legal, but it fits right in the holes on a CX500C fender and the cable is the perfect length.

Yeah,I got a small LED strip to agument the brake lite because I thought a little help was needed. I don't know if it's DOT legal and I can't see why it would not be. I have a brake lite flasher but have not put it on yet. And now thinking about replacing speedo, tach,turns and neutral lites with LEDs. I wouldn't ever have to replace them again!

I saw a bike, new Indian I think, that flashed on it's rear signals when the brake lite came on. That got your attention. And it came from the factory(I think)that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.