Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Have a quick question, has anyone ever put a GL1000 tail trunk on a GL 650 0r 500? and if so is it hard to do? I thought I saw one one time. Hope everyone is having a great summer and always keep the rubber side down. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hello everyone.

Have a quick question, has anyone ever put a GL1000 tail trunk on a GL 650 0r 500? and if so is it hard to do? I thought I saw one one time. Hope everyone is having a great summer and always keep the rubber side down. Thanks in advance!

I have a GL1100 trunk I put on my GL650 sometimes. The trunk was courtesy of Phil from Low Gap. He also gave me a rack and helped me modify it for my bike. I am in the process of building a new rack that will allow me to mount the trunk over the rear seat or behind the rear seat. The larger trunk is very handy, the only down side is that when mounted behind the rear seat and heavily loaded it can cause some funky handling at high speed (tail wag when decelerating).

This photo shows it mounted behind the stock tall trunk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.