Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
father and I working on my 1980 cx500c and attempting to trouble shoot some after market tach and temp gauges installed previously. The speedometer gauge works just fine, however the right gauge (temp and tach) do not function. This is a link to the gauges currently installed

We have checked continuity on the sending unit and are tracing wiring but I seem to remember reading about some negative charge going to the tach and lack of compatibility there. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts
What are you using for the temperature sender? Are you using the 7 volt regulator? Have you compared the wiring diagrams for the bike the unit was designed for with your CX?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies, have had some rain, so work stalled for now. We are using the 7 volt regulator for the temperature sending unit. We are measuring approximately 13v going into the 7v Regulator and 12.7v coming out and going to the temperature gauge. So are we correct in assuming that 7 volts should be coming out of the regulator to the temp gauge?

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger that, purchasing now. Will update once regulator is swapped out if that sorts out the temperature gauge issue. Next up, working on getting the tach functioning!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts