Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tach cable started squealing and then broke. I see it attaches behind the radiator is there anyway to get this out without removing the radiator? The new cable (purchased off ebay) has a fork at the end but it does not have any screw to attach it. I looked in my clymers book but there is no reference on how to replace it. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Taking the radiator and shroud off will give you a really nice view and space to work. I have not changed a tach cable on these bikes so I can't comment on the cable end other than to say I'd remove the old one and compare it to your new cable.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
You might want to consider replacing the seal at the same time if it's something easily done while you're in there. They usually don't leak much but I've got a tiny bit of seepage in mine. TAS has the seal in stock and ships small items for free.

·
Registered
810 Posts
You might want to consider replacing the seal at the same time if it's something easily done while you're in there. They usually don't leak much but I've got a tiny bit of seepage in mine. TAS has the seal in stock and ships small items for free.

It is good to hear this seal is still available. Last month I replaced all the other seals/gaskets on the front of my engine. That particular seal was unavailable where I purchased.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
They have a website and also advertise on eBay but they don't list anywhere near what they actually have in their constantly changing inventory. You'll need free long distance and call Matt directly so he can check his inventory, number's in their soon to be changed website: http://www.tasmotorsports.com

If he has it mention the name Marshall or that you read about them on the CX forum and you'll get free shipping and possibly a discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.