Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought my cx 2 years ago the PO had broken the tach cable off in the tach. i have not been able to figure out how to change the cable. the other thing is the pin inside the cable does not spin when the engine is on.

i know its only been a day or so, but welcome back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i can kind of see were the tach cable attaches to the motor, but there is a pop riveted flap in my way, and i don't see any screw. how deep am i going to have to tear into this? is there/was there a thread on how to do this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got the cable off, it really isn't that hard. i took the radiator off and cranked the engine till the fan was in a good place to reach the screw. just in front of the right cylinder, above the transmission, but below the exhaust header there is a small hole that is perfectly inline with the screw and with a long extension (24" i get it now) and a philips head bit you can reach it. i did use vice grip on the screw to break it loose. i'm going to replace the screw with a hex head, and then this could easily be something i could change on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.