Honda CX 500 Forum banner

T shirt designs opinions

8K views 91 replies 17 participants last post by  reclinedrelic 
#1 ·
Not sure if I have ever mentioned in any of my post that I’m a tattoo artist,
anyway because of Covid19 I haven’t been able to work. I try to stay busy and keep drawing and design stuff for future reference, and today I thought I should design a cx T-shirt. I have attached a few pictures, 1 of the design and the other just how it would look in white, gray, or black. Any comments, opinions, or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice graphic. I'd scale it down just a bit, in case you want to tuck your shirt in.

Randall

#7 ·
Honestly it could be a possibility,
It would have to be on a preorder basis
for sizes purposes and probably only one color if there isn’t much interest.
Must T-shirt companies will have a minimum order and it would have to be all the same color shirt probably

#12 ·
I've been using Spreadshirt for a few years. I'm only interested in sharing my artwork with friends on the forums and I'm really not interested in having inventory or shipping orders myself so it works pretty well for me.

Re "graphic on the back with plain front": I doubt that would be popular with motorcyclists because it wouldn't be seen if you wear a jacket (or even a vest). But if you use a service like Spreadshirt you could make it available both ways at no extra cost.

Re size & location of the graphic on the front: Some like to tuck in t-shirts (as has been mentioned) and others have long beards that cover designs that are too high on the shirt.
FWIW, when my beard was long (I have trimmed my beard short for now to facilitate wearing a mask and plan to grow it again if things ever return to normal) I found that a lot of the graphics on t-shirts were hidden by it. I know I'm not the only motorcyclist with a long beard so I started placing my graphics a bit lower on the shirt to accommodate that.
It works for my designs because none of them are much higher than they are wide. I don't know how that would work with a relatively tall & narrow design like yours (I might be inclined to shrink the "CX500" a bit and move it up so that "CX" is on one side of the tire and "500" on the other or perhaps shrink it more and run it vertically beside the tire to accommodate that if it was my design but you have to do what you think is best for your design.

#13 · (Edited)
Thank you so much Bob
your designs look great love the one with the engine on it got to get me one !!
I already looked into the website and you are totally right, I’m working on this design mainly to try to keep busy, but this site will give other members an option to purchase if interested.
I think your opinion on putting the design in the back it’s very appropriate. I prefer to have it on the front so when I’m riding everyone can see it, but I may work on a cx design that isn’t cafe related.
As per your suggestion and Randall I ll be scaling down the design to fit more in the middle of the front, I ll move the CX500 also and see what it will look like.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions

#14 ·
Ok so made a few changes
Added a mirror on the other side and scaled the design down a bit.
added a few variations of the design one is the same as before, one I took Bob s advice and put the Cx500 by the wheel and the lest one I keep the cx500 in the same spot but made it a bit smaller
what you guys think?

#16 ·
BTW: I have a couple of ideas for designs to add to my shop but between the recent deck rebuilding, planting the garden (I still have another row of seeds to get in plus the "seedlings", some of which are a couple of feet tall already) and getting my GoldWing ready for the summer I just don't have time to work on them.

#23 ·
Thank you everyone for the opinions and comments!!!
Thank you Bob and Nolimitz for introducing me to this awesome website!!
I looked into it and it looked great so I went ahead and opened up a shop there. I wanted to give other members the opportunity of purchase if interested, and this site makes everything so easy. As of right now there is only one design available but I’m working on a few different designs and placements. Here is a link to the shop if you want to check it out https://shop.spreadshirt.com/gmg-motorcycle-custom-shop/
I just ordered myself a T-shirt I really want to check it out in person, I’ll post some pictures and what I think of the overall product once I received it, i usually don’t suggest products unless I have used them or seen it in person but Bob uses this site so I’m sure it’s going to be a quality product.
I ll add this link to my signature once I can do a full review of the product and happy with the final result. They are offering a discount because is a new shop

#38 ·
These look great man! Thanks for putting together a stock design. I'll keep an eye on this and for sure be picking one up when they're ready.

#40 ·
I'll take a white on black. could you do a naked GL too? If you make a naked Gl500, and Naked GL650, I'll buy one of each.

#41 ·
thank you fafnir!!
I ll post a link to the website once I receive mine and I’m happy with the quality so everyone can order straight from there, they will offer T-shirt and other merchandise. I ll be working on other designs meanwhile all I ll be posting as I go. Definitely want to do some gl

#42 ·
I would expect the artwork for the GL500 and GL650 would be the same except for the number.
(BTW: Have you seen the SilverWing logos in my store?)

#46 ·
Thank you Bob!!
Been a tattoo artist I spend a lot of time at night after the all family go to bed designing stuff for my clients. Haven’t been tattooing because of Covid19 so my schedule it’s pretty much free now. I also use an iPad Pro with procreate with a pen. So it’s just like drawing on paper that saves a lot of time. It would take a lot longer on photoshop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.