Honda CX 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
So I have made a few changes and came up with a naked Gl500/650 design.
i changed the tank ant turn signal a bit, honestly I have never seen a naked GL before but I would think it would look a lot like a Cx. Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The handlebars are cruiser style.

Fafnir GL650

Littlewing GL500

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks for the pictures
I like the square mirrors maybe I should change to that
Don’t happen to gave a picture from the front ?
The square mirrors are after market. I've been looking for head on, and am not having much luck. I can take photos tomorrow. I don't go into work until the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I think round would please the greatest number of people
The engine protector bars might be a nice touch.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'll take photos tomorrow, before I go into work in the afternoon.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
A stock CX would have round signals, but that's pretty close without the bar end mirrors.
I can get a straight on shot of my Standard this weekend.

Randall

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hope these help. I shot with and without flash. The main front-on difference for the GL650 is the fork brace.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Perfect thank you so much!!! Nice bikes!!!
Thank you Antonio! The anniversary of getting the GL500 is coming up, two years ago. I'd been looking for one since moving back from Japan in 2007. It was parked in my neighbor's garage, across the alley, when his 14 year old daughter was born and not ridden since.
I bought the GL650 from @DavidInWisconsin One of the wrenchers and knowledgeable people here on the list. When you buy a bike from David, you get a mentor too. Thanks David!

Fafnir has the saddlebags under the seat now and has the passenger backrest/carrier from Littlewing on him.

I'll start changing rubber and gaskets on Littlewing so I don't have to put a drip pan under her. I felt less bad about the oil leak after going to the vintage motorcycle show at the State Fair Grounds where most of the bikes had pans under the engines and about a third of them leaked more than mine. HAHA!
The trunk is from Steve @Kwayzwinger. It was "New, never mounted" because his GL500i came with a Goldwing trunk. It's perfect shape makes the whole bike look newer than it is. Thanks Steve!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Thank you Antonio! The anniversary of getting the GL500 is coming up, two years ago. I'd been looking for one since moving back from Japan in 2007. It was parked in my neighbor's garage, across the alley, when his 14 year old daughter was born and not ridden since.
I bought the GL650 from @DavidInWisconsin One of the wrenchers and knowledgeable people here on the list. When you buy a bike from David, you get a mentor too. Thanks David!

Fafnir has the saddlebags under the seat now and has the passenger backrest/carrier from Littlewing on him.
View attachment 201612
View attachment 201613

I'll start changing rubber and gaskets on Littlewing so I don't have to put a drip pan under her. I felt less bad about the oil leak after going to the vintage motorcycle show at the State Fair Grounds where most of the bikes had pans under the engines and about a third of them leaked more than mine. HAHA!
The trunk is from Steve @Kwayzwinger. It was "New, never mounted" because his GL500i came with a Goldwing trunk. It's perfect shape makes the whole bike look newer than it is. Thanks Steve!
They look like brand new!
Now that I’m almost done with the cafe’ I m looking for something more for cruising, not sure what yet maybe cx/gl or maybe a nighthawk. Something that maybe the wife would ride lol

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks! You can't see the little nicks in the paint in the photos. But they are in pretty good shape. I might get a Hunter Cub someday. I am keeping an eye open for a sidecar for the GL500 I might also get a used NC750X someday.

The Tshirt looks great! Only an owner would notices the missing horns. I'll buy on of each,500 and 650

61 - 80 of 87 Posts