Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Swinging Arm Bearing Holder

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Dollysprint 
#1 · (Edited)
Morning all,

I am trying to find a swinging arm bearing holder - the little cup that sits in the right hand side of the frame with the swing arm bearing race inside it. Part number 52117-415-000.

It's for a UK 1980 A model. I'm really struggling to find one and won't be able to get my swinging arm back on without it. Sadly the existing one was crushed in a vice by a mechanic friend I'd asked to get the old bearing race out so I didn't damage it (I have no welding gear or cutter small enough and it was properly stuck in there). He promptly crushed it in a vice. Very annoyed.

I'm located in the UK but don't mind paying for international shipping.

Image below:

Any help appreciated.

See less See more
#5 ·
Ha I just deleted my other post when I saw your second. So far I've really been struggling here, none of the usual reliable suppliers can help. Even ebay was no use. CMSNL shows them as in stock but they don't actually have any and say they can't get one. Stupidly I threw out the damaged one as well so I can't even get one made. The forums are my last hope it seems!

#13 ·
Picked up this old thread as I have the same problem in obtaining a frame bearing cup for a 650 Eurosport. Same cup is in the 500 Euro, GL500 & GL650. Does anyone have a spare that can be shipped to UK?

Murray - would you still have any in old frames to help out please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.