Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, thanks for a great forum! I love this place.

Now, I had to change my brake lever, and bought a new one from a mechanic. It should be original, but the fit was very tight. So, I tried to gently pry it into the slot, and suddenly the top part of the mount snapped off! No good.

So I am trying to find a replacement brake lever and master cylinder, and I'm looking to other models because cx parts are either waaay to expensive or non existent where I am. I have found a brake lever and master cylinder from a Kawasaki GPZ 900, and I think that it will fit, with the light switch and everything. I was just hoping for a second opinion.

Any experiences with swapping master cylinder from other models? What models work, and what to look out for?
Many thanks in advance and greetings from rainy Copenhagen, Peter

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's possible that this could be done you have to make sure the lever you use has the same throw/ push into master cylinder all mount points corespond together maybe a little file work for clearance not too much or it will be floppy loose. Proceed with caution pretty important stuff here. Or try bike barn and a wallet :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks for helping out.
I got a lever and master cylinder from a cb 450 and it works great, so she's runnin' again :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts