Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen a post from Marshall in quite a while, and I know he is going through an aweful lot. I've seen a lot of my immediate family go through some hard times, extended hospital stays and the like, and it can be down-right discouraging to be down and out for so long. Friends and family are what got them through, as well as some encouraging words, thoughts, humor, prayers etc.

I was hoping we could have this topic 'pinned', rally together with the bikes that bind us together and I would like to encourage you all to either coordinate a group ride, take and post a group picture, or even go out on your own and snap a picture, and share some thoughts or words of encouragement.

I've only got to know Marshall just recently, and breifly through some PM's and brief chats, but he's taught me an aweful lot, and his posts have a wealth of knowledge.

So Ride, Grab some pics, and share some words of encouragement, maybe drop him some PM's.

This is a great group, and I know if it were me, something like this would mean the world.

Hope you're doing well friend! Stay encouraged, we're all behind you!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
oh trust and believe he knows i havnt heard from him for awhile now damn it now its time to go send off an email to find out how he is doing.....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick,

Let's get the Cleveland area guys together and take a group photo

& send it to him.

Of course we'll have to ride also!

Well then, calling all Cleveland Area Riders! Lets ride Wednesday night, head south to Hinckley Ohio...I have a pretty cool spot for a photo, we can kick around down south, and then head back up north to bike night for a bit? PM me if you are interested and we can coordinate a place to meet before we ride...I am thinking somwhere in Parma becuase there are abour 4 of us in that general area?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ok guys i kinda have some bad/sad news about our dear friend marshall this info that i am about to post came from old okie all i can say is lets keep marshalls mom and marshall in our thoughts and prayers and with that being said here is a update i am not to sure how to say but here it goes

"I talked with Marshall ’s mother this morning and she did not have good news.

He has been in the hospital for 5 and one half weeks and in ICU part of that time.

She, his mother, said the cancer is terminal. I think he will go to a specialty hospital

for the remaining time that he has. He has been in ICU but may be back in a room now."

that is an email i got from old okie today

i have only one question is there any way all of us can keep marshall and his mom in your thoughts?

·
Registered
915 Posts
ok guys i kinda have some bad/sad news about our dear friend marshall this info that i am about to post came from old okie all i can say is lets keep marshalls mom and marshall in our thoughts and prayers and with that being said here is a update i am not to sure how to say but here it goes

"I talked with Marshall ’s mother this morning and she did not have good news.

He has been in the hospital for 5 and one half weeks and in ICU part of that time.

She, his mother, said the cancer is terminal. I think he will go to a specialty hospital

for the remaining time that he has. He has been in ICU but may be back in a room now."

that is an email i got from old okie today

i have only one question is there any way all of us can keep marshall and his mom in your thoughts?

As to the question, DONE! Don't know Marshall, but if he is from these parts, he certainly deserves our thoughts and prayers. Be well my friend!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
you know marshall he is on here his name is marshallf3 but thanks for the comment

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't quite know what to say.

I will certainly keep Marshall and family in my prayers.

Thanks for the update Lucky. I know that had to be a difficult thing to follow-up with.

Edit: This really hurts...I lost my niece to cancer what seems like yesterday.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
yea it was rather hard to do.....and now i just got news that my mother in law is also in the ICU back in arizona so some how i am going to have to get my wife back there to........not a good month so far

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
A few of us met up at Two Wheel Tuesdays in Milwaukee tonight.

And like usual we ran into a few other cx/gl's or those people that say "I use to have one of these."

·
Registered
183 Posts
He is in my thoughts and was a large reason i got my bike working. if he hadent been working with mat from TAS i would never had found out about the oem mech seal for our bikes and had to fork out 70 sum odd dollars for it from the dealer and not to mention the 90 degree filters too.

If there is no objection i will see if mat is willing to work with me to get the parts list marshall was working on posted. It will save members time looking for a good deal on parts for the bike and i think it would be a good thing to do.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If there is no objection i will see if mat is willing to work with me to get the parts list marshall was working on posted. It will save members time looking for a good deal on parts for the bike and i think it would be a good thing to do.
I think that is awesome. There are a lot of projects Marshall has going. A few you have mentioned as well as the Vaccum Gauges, Voltage Regulator Kits, on the list goes! He is a talented guy and very knowledgable for sure!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Having followed many threads here and on the old site over the years I've long since come to recognise Marshall as a very decent and knowledgeable guy. He has my best wishes and if anyone here is in the position to visit him or speak with him at all I think it would be important that our sentiments here are passed on to him.

Cancer is a stone cold bitch.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
...and if anyone here is in the position to visit him or speak with him at all I think it would be important that our sentiments here are passed on to him.

That is a great idea. Maybe Old Okie, or someone that is close to him would be so kind to share this thread with him?!?

Cancer is a stone cold bitch.

THAT is an understatment.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about this news. Thanks to Lucky for sharing this with us. Marshall, I will be hoping for a miracle as it would certainly be deserved.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
yes me and old okie have the means to get in touch with marshall i will have to wait until this weekend until i am able to visit with him and once i do i will let him know about this thread

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I'm saddened to hear of this about Marshall. All my best to ya bud.

Joel in the Couve

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.