Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get one of my jets out, the top that has a flat head slot separates from the main body of the jet, and i have tried to get it out with pliers, hitting it with carb cleaner and wd40, nothing... any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So i got it out, but now i'm wondering what kind of a flat head i should use to get out the smaller jets. My normal screwdriver won't fit, and my small one has to thin of a head and i'm afraid it might strip it...

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
So i got it out, but now i'm wondering what kind of a flat head i should use to get out the smaller jets. My normal screwdriver won't fit, and my small one has to thin of a head and i'm afraid it might strip it...

Do you mean the jets or the emulsion tubes under the jets?

If you mean the tubes under the jets, I had a long thin screwdriver, it would almost fit but was a bit too wide to go into the stack so I ground the edges down a bit so it would fit.

After I did this it would fit in the stack but was a bit loose fitting in the slot of the emulsion tube so then I put the screwdriver in a vise and filed the tip back until it would fit snugly in the slot.

The emulsion tubes can be seized in place and you do need a screwdriver that fits tight in the slot or they can strip easily.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to the hardware store and bought a little Stanley screwdriver set with some little bits. I then modified the flat tips to fit it well. I put the modified drivers into my Tap set's 'T' handle.

This worked very well for me.

It was one of these 4 way pens:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-32-Piece-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Set-with-4-Way-Pen-Driver/15173811

but it was only the pan and only a couple of dollars.

I ended up taking the carbs to honda, the machanic helped me pull one out... he stripped the other one

Not sure if i should be pissed at him, but i'm not thrilled, i guess i'll just leave it in there and move on, all the other jets were quite clean...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.