Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m building a 650 Eurosport street scrambler and looking for enduro tyres to fit the 18 inch wheels but cannot find a matching pair for the Euro dimensions. Does anyone have any advice on which supplier makes a pair of front and rear 18 inch tyres or a good match of enduro/scrambler tyres? I’m not sure if Slightly different sizes will fit and give me more options.

tyre dimensions are

front 100/90 18

rear 120/80 18

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Those are Kenda K761s, a street oriented dual sport tire. They may be OK on mostly paved roads but I tried one on the rear and didn't like it in the snow (it ended it's days on the sidecar wheel).

The K270 is a more dirt oriented dual sport tire. I have been using them for snow tires for some time and find them a good compromise between enough tread to grip in snow and not overly loud

Note that this won't fit under the original E front fender. I have a GL500 fender and had to space the fork brace up a bit so it would fit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for advice Bob. Just to note, I will not be riding in snow, those days are long gone and I now live in the South East of England and ride for pleasure (Eg. Dry). I want a true that is somewhat &or style but I would like to take off road too, just to play.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks for advice Bob. Just to note, I will not be riding in snow, those days are long gone and I now live in the South East of England and ride for pleasure (Eg. Dry). I want a true that is somewhat &or style but I would like to take off road too, just to play.
You’ll like the ones I have then. Ok for the road so far...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts