Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Felt bad as I wanted to stop to lend a hand, but I had meetings and some tele-conferences at the kick-off of my day this morning. If it were any other day know that I would have stopped to help.

Maybe you'll make it to bike night in Valley View tonight?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Felt bad as I wanted to stop to lend a hand, but I had meetings and some tele-conferences at the kick-off of my day this morning. If it were any other day know that I would have stopped to help.

Maybe you'll make it to bike night in Valley View tonight?
I stranded myself on Monday night..totally didn't think about checking my gas tank before I left. Thankfully I was going up a hill just leaving a town when I ran out, I managed to turn it around and coast almost all the way to a gas station.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I stranded myself on Monday night..totally didn't think about checking my gas tank before I left. Thankfully I was going up a hill just leaving a town when I ran out, I managed to turn it around and coast almost all the way to a gas station.

Does your bike have a reserve fuel supply?

Good that you were able to get to a station!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do, but I pulled the straw from the petcock because I felt it was too long and I was going to shorten it.
Whoops.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That was me on 176! Was having issues, kept stalling about every mile. Had to wait a few minutesbtobstart back up eqch time. Turned to the forums for help. Thanks to everybody's helpful suggestions, I ended up finding the problem. Turns out when I replaced the 2"-3" fuel line between petcock and filter, the replacement was longer, causing a 90 degree bend in line between filter and carb, kinking and cutting off fuel supply. Took a box-cutter to it at lunchtime, and have been good since!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey! Another Parma/Clevland boy! That makes 4 cxers from Parma on this board.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was me on 176! Was having issues, kept stalling about every mile. Had to wait a few minutesbtobstart back up eqch time. Turned to the forums for help. Thanks to everybody's helpful suggestions, I ended up finding the problem. Turns out when I replaced the 2"-3" fuel line between petcock and filter, the replacement was longer, causing a 90 degree bend in line between filter and carb, kinking and cutting off fuel supply. Took a box-cutter to it at lunchtime, and have been good since!

Saw you again this morning, glad you are a forum member. We should get together to ride sometime. I was planning for an early morning ride this Saturday (weather permitting) if you are up for it--message me if you are interested! Glad you got your bike figured out too!

Rick

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

These bikes really don't like anything wrong with the fuel supply whether it's the carbs/Carb boots or the Tank/Fuel line/Filler cap vent hole/In-line filter wrong way round etc.

When you get down to reserve level they soon let you know by one cylinder cutting out as the carbs get starved,usually the right hand side if you have the left hand feed type carbs as on my UK CX500 A type models

1 - 9 of 9 Posts