Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. If you could keep your eyes open for me I just took my wife to work at 3:30am this morning and my bike is missing as of then. I parked it at 5:30 or so and last saw it around 8:30pm on the 12th of November. As of 3:30am the 13th it is gone. I am assuming it will be for sale online some time today or in the next week. It is the bike Trailrider gave me and my first bike. I have notified authorities and will be calling in to my insurance as of opening time.

It is a CX500C 1981 green/black. I am not sure what all can be done, so I figured I would come to the community that likes these bikes most to get eyes out for one. Luckily it is still having some engine trouble and that problem is on them now. Anyways. If you see anything pop up that matches my bike please let me know, PM me for specific details if needed. Thank you all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi mate, sorry to hear about your trouble with bike thieves,if I lived closer I'd keep my eyes open for any cx's that suddenly come up for sale, or more likely spare parts, sounds like someone local has seen bike parked recently. Anyway, best of luck think positive.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That does suck hard.
Where is Port Orchard? Not sure if that's nearby or far away.
Do you have any pictures of what the bike looks like?
The more details the better.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Post a picture, I'll add it to my facebook feed, and the BARF community.
If I were you, I'd also post it in craigslist as stolen.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
He was the one Trailtrader gifted this bike to.

Did the trailer come along as well?

I hope this karma isn't long lived, Sad to hear of this.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
797 Posts
There's cameras everywhere nowadays. Any within a couplea block radius may show something like a van, pickup, or hot wired bike in motion. Also consider posting a reward on CL or a WTB. The best way to catch a thieving rat is to lay out some bait. Was the steering locked?

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's sad that someone would stoop that low and take someone's property, I hope your bike gets found and the person arrested and put in jail.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Okay, top do this right, we need the VIN, and the LP number.
We regularly have stolen bikes on BARF that are recovered (painted, and usually damaged, but serviceable), but we need pictures, and contact information, for example the local PD that took the report.
If you PM me your phone #, I won't post it, but I can hold it in reserve if someone needs to contact you.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
OMG Larry/Trailtrader's bike is stolen :(

For me these parts are IMHO not so very often to find on a CXC.

Larry_trailtraders_Stolen_b.jpg
Crash bars, side covers from a Standard, the rack with sissy bar, the holder for the trailer.
(The bent clutch lever. )
The next time I would also have a deep look if these IMHO rare parts are in a CL or ebay.
Maybe Larry Trailtrader can add some specials he had mounted on his former CXC. ...Ignitech, special wiring harness for the trailer........

Everybody knows: This bike has his own special history.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pictures above are the bike. It is the one Trailrider gave to me. so those are it. There wasn't a trailer on it so just the bike is gone.

VIN: JH2PC0101BM211926
LP#: 939550

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for being on lookout and helping me to know what to look for. I am contacting Larry and letting him know what happened also, he will have the best idea of all parts and pieces to look for. Appreciate your help on this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah sorry, I just have been away from my computer dealing with police and insurance people. Bike was found. So it has been recovered and now we are in the insurance process of them deciding whether it is worth fixing or if they think it is totaled. I am not 100% sure where I am headed from here, just depends on my limited funds and what I can afford to do. Sucks we live in a world where someone can steal your bike and the cost of their idiocy is more than I can afford to get my bike properly fixed. :(

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Full coverage is as important as ATGATT these days. Thieves are now joyride opportunists as much as they are in it for profit.

I pay $26 per month for full coverage on three bikes, agreed value on two (CX500 & CX650), retail on one (DR-Z400SM).
Progressive West. If you were or are in the military or civil service, you get slightly better rates.

Regardless, see what they did to it. I'll throw some free parts at you if I have them and you need them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts