Honda CX 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
It was dry here today. I could have ridden, but didn't think of it until I was starting the car.

Can't ride tomorrow. Last day at my soon-to-be-former job, and I need to haul my junk home. :D

R

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just was out riding today.First took the wife's new bike for a spin,82 GL 500 Silverwing Interstate, then took my Aspy out for a nice ride.40 degrees isn't too bad for Dec 20th.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The weather is ridiculously mild in the UK at the minute, 14C, mid 50s F. Dry and sunny so I had a ride down to Sratford upon Avon. Quite a few bikers congregate there on Sunday afternoon and everyone is very friendly and ready for a chat. My bike was the oldest there, just ahead of a very nice Bonneville.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
44 degrees here yesterday, 4th day in a row over 40 and not farenheit.
We here in South Africa also suffer from endless heat waves ( 38 to 42 deg. Celcius ) and a most terrible drought , water scarceness and restrictions.

( I think the effect of this might even be worse on body, soul and the bike's engine , to go out riding in such hot and dusty conditions, if compared to the snowy cold conditions up north ? )

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been blessed with some great weather this fall here in Upstate New York. Went out yesterday for a couple of hours...Id like to manage at least one ride per month all winter...we'll see🙊

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
I just got back from a ride to grab the photo tag and get my hair cut. I can't believe I'm still riding on the winter solstice in Minnesota.

R

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
i went for a ride today to do errands. Climate change may suck for humanity but its great for motorcycling!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I just got back from a ride to grab the photo tag and get my hair cut. I can't believe I'm still riding on the winter solstice in Minnesota.

R
I envy you Randall. I have 4 1/2 inches of reasons why I can't ride now.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
i went for a ride today to do errands. Climate change may suck for humanity but its great for motorcycling!
I don't know about that. The current trend may just be a blip in the overall pattern. We've seen it swing both ways in the last few decades.

If the recent is any indicator, though, winter isn't warmer, just later. Last year it was slow to come on, and just as slow to leave.

R

·
Registered
413 Posts
Still riding

It was dry here today. I could have ridden, but didn't think of it until I was starting the car.

Can't ride tomorrow. Last day at my soon-to-be-former job, and I need to haul my junk home. :D

R
R,
Noticed your last day remark-I trust this is a planned move-not a see you later thing. Been thru both more than once.
My computer geek son refuses to pull the battery in the gl-flex time & place in down town Mpls tech district so parking is big issue.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
R,
Noticed your last day remark-I trust this is a planned move-not a see you later thing. Been thru both more than once.
My computer geek son refuses to pull the battery in the gl-flex time & place in down town Mpls tech district so parking is big issue.
No, it was by my choice. I start my new job on January 4th.

I spent 13 years at the last gig, so the move is a little daunting.

R

·
Registered
528 Posts
Great temps today but the horizontal rain and 40 mph wind gusts make riding seem like a bad idea.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Could easily still be riding but when mid-November rolls around and I have time to winterize I usually do it. If I don't then I know I might not get another chance. So there it sits, despite the warm weather, but at least I know it will be ready to go in the Spring and not a basket case. We have some plants coming up...so maybe spring is near??

61 - 80 of 117 Posts